What's new

What are you listening to?

Stones' Sticky Fingers reissue. The second disc, with alternate and live versions, is worth the price on its own. Dead Flowers stands out.

Last night I discovered Alestorm. This is my what I've liked most from them so far:

Last edited by a moderator:
*** with Marc Maron...

$download (1).jpg$download.jpg

proxy.php

I discovered this 4-CD set as well as the 4-CD vol. 2 in a used bookstore except both were new and still factory sealed. I couldn't pass them up at only $7.99 per set. There are no actual Dylan performances here but these are all songs he's covered in one capacity or another throughout his career. The performances featured on the discs are by the original artists. The songs represent Americana from the 20's through the 60's and provide a varied, eclectic mix. There's country, bluegrass, string band, blues, early R&B, early rock-n-roll, folk and pop. I'm only on disc 2 but I've loved every minute of it. Check it out, I highly recommend it.

^Sounds like a great musical journey.
dave

It really is! What's cool about it is that there's so much excellent music I've never heard before by a lot of artists I've never heard of before though there are a good number of familiar names and tunes. It gives great insight into the type of things Dylan was listening to and I'm sure a lot of it served as an influence as well.

I'd also highly recommend all 5 volumes of his Radio Radio 4-CD box sets which contain the music that appeared on his Theme Time Radio Hour show on Sirius. Those too are eclectic collections full of variety from various genres performed by the original artists. These 7 box sets have probably been my most favorite and best music expenditures I've made in the last 10 years.

I'm a big fan of those type of eclectic collections, will keep my eyes open. My wife occassionally comes home with a few of the British music mags such as Mojo, Uncut, Wire, they include CD's of that desciption, bands you've never heard of before, maybe genres you've had no interest in exploring but new and fresh, things you would never ever hear on the radio.
dave

Top Bottom