What's new

What are you listening to?

Here's an obscure off-the-wall, YouTube-only, almost-but-not-quite-nearly Beatles tune, "Sour Milk Sea." George Harrison wrote it and gave it to Jackie Lomax who released it for a minor hit at the time. Musicians performing include Harrison on slide and rhythm guitar, Eric Clapton on lead guitar, Paul McCartney on bass guitar, Nicky Hopkins on keyboards, and Ringo Starr on drums.

This mash-up was cobbled together by someone taking the Jackie Lomax released version of the song, scrubbing the vocals, and substituting a studio outtake of an acoustical version with Harrison doing the vocals and mixing the whole thing together. My son rigged a decent little speaker/sub-woofer system to our computer which helps us enjoy listening to music off the computer.

It comes off sounding pretty good considering. If the Beatles had performed the tune, it would have been a great addition to the "White Album." "Revolution No. 9" could have been scrapped in favor of this Harrison song with still more room for another tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPgqsfahHY0&feature=related

For a comparative listen here's the original with Jackie Lomax singing. The instrumentals do sound better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5XY1FIcOZg&feature=related

The lyrics in case they prove difficult to catch.

"If your life's not right, doesn't satisfy you
Don't get the breaks like some of us do
Better work it out; find where you've gone wrong
Better do it soon as you don't have long

Get out of sour milk sea
You don't belong there
Get back to where you should be
Find out whats going on there

If you want the most from everything you do
In the shortest time your dreams come true
In no time at all it makes you more aware
Very simple process takes you there

Get out of sour milk sea
You don't belong there
Find out whats going on there

Looking for release from limitation?
There's nothing much without illumination
Can fool-around with every different cult
There's only one way brings result

Get out of sour milk sea
You don't belong there
Find out whats going on there."

Last edited:
Good grief! What were they thinking, not including a Beatles version on the White Album? Oh, well, they were trying to get Apple Corps off the ground, so why not give it away?

Currently listening to the glory of David Bowie:

'I'm Afraid of Americans' - 'Best of Bowie' compilation

(But I'll get through the whole collection... that's just what's currently playing!!)

Tonight is a mix - Supertramp followed by Fairport Convention, and Currently playing:

Morrissey: 'You are the Quarry'

Update: After Morrissey, moved on to Fleetwood Mac - Behind The Mask (Album)

Last edited:
Boards of Canada-Geogaddi.....although it was a lot more impressive on the headphones yesterday than through the speakers today. Still good though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am listening to the Celtics/Heat game while idly surfing the net. I was listening to Lambert, Hendricks, and Ross earlier if that counts.

Got shuffle on my rock/hard rock/metal collection:

Currently playing: 'Lady of the Lake' - Rainbow

Just played: 'It's Never Too Late' - Steppenwolf

I have been listening to Osvaldo Golijov's Yiddishbbuk all day and I have come to terms that I actually quite enjoy this.
It's always pleasant to broaden your musical horizon!

Top Bottom