What are you listening to?

A few that really stuck out so far this week

John Prine - Diamonds in the Rough & In Spite of Ourselves
T. Rex - The Slider
Bob Dylan - Greatest Hits Vol.2
The Ventures - Greatest Hits Vol.1
Aretha Franklin - Live at the Fillmore West
Hey Rosetta! - Seeds

Dave Brubeck Live at the Hollywood Bowl 1958. The performance is most likely from 1962, certainly not 1958, as two tracks were written in 1959 and another in 1961.

Streaming North Sea Surf Radio via house WIFI to my iPod, with TuneIn Radio app.

$e8be23_f591b5d1fea1c8c4740b21c7dd5290ae.gif

Is that "The Further Adventures of Nick Danger - Third Eye", by Firesign Theater?

Man, that takes me back. :lol:
absolutely. Some friends and I discovered them when we were kids in the 70's. One of that group ended up in the voice over business and got to work with Phil Procter

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came back from Day 1 (of 3) of the Stereophonic XIV music festival sponsored by the local campus radio station. Today was 6 hours, 6 regionally local Indie bands.
A nice intimate tavern venue. The first half I spent on a comfy couch 10 feet in front of the bands. For the second half (in a different room — a bowling alley, actually) I sat in a comfy vintage barber's chair. Again, just a few feet from the stage.
None of the bands sucked, which is a good sign. Nice and loud so I was wearing my silicone ear plugs.
I bought a weekend pass so I'll be going tomorrow and next night.
Sadly, SWMBO doesn't share my taste in loud live music that goes into the wee hours.

Top Bottom