What's new

What are you listening to?

Back to my run through the entire Ben Harper calaoge on vinyl.

I've be putting my SL-1200MK2 through the ringer with all this vinyl lately

The Will to Live
$uploadfromtaptalk1406337497713.jpg

Went to a very small show last night with Denny Lane who was a key player in Wings and started The Moody Blues.

Special guest, and more interesting was Peter Asher. He was a huge music industry exec, manager, and artist. Paul McCartney dated his sister for two years and they shared the upstairs of his parents house for that time. It was like getting a personal tour of the British Invasion. Getting to chat with them after the show was quite cool.

Denny Lane is on the double neck.

Last edited by a moderator:
one of the funkier and only Ben Harper song I know that has beat boxing and scratching in it..but he makes it work.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Fletcher Henderson Story - A Study In Frustration. It hasn't been so long ago that I listened to this but Henderson had such an excellent band, it's well worth the re-visit.
proxy.php

The Beau Hunks - Play The Little Rascals Music

I have this as well as "Play More Little Rascals Music" and both are outstanding and bring back such fond memories of watching the Little Rascals (aka "Our Gang") Here's a description from AllMusic.com:

Leroy Shield composed the music for Hal Roach's comedy shorts and for some of his longer films in the '30s. He also conducted the orchestras that recorded the music, sometimes directly to the film. His sheet music is either gone or it never existed. And the original recordings are subject to the poor storage techniques of that era. The Beau Hunks watched The Little Rascals films, paying close attention to the soundtracks. They transcribed the scores painstakingly, meticulously, and lovingly. They performed the music on period instruments and released The Beau Hunks Play the Original Little Rascals Music: 50 Roy Shield Themes. This music is note-for-note accurate and the orchestra plays it with love and respect. It is also an experience and a treasure. Listeners born in the '40s and '50s will wax nostalgic when they recall the tunes. These shorts were staples in children's afternoon programs in the '60s. The tunes are also brilliant for the imagery that they evoke. Shield used his clever techniques to play with the emotions of the viewers. These are classic atmospheres.

proxy.php

Top Bottom