What's new

What are you listening to?

Here's a local (for me) act I've have been enjoying recently which I'm sure will be new to 99.9% of B&B'ers.

Fly My Pretties are a music collective based here in Wellington, New Zealand. They come together every couple of years or so to tour the country and then go back to their respective bands / day-jobs. They often have a folk-acoustic slant but as seen here, they are also capable of puting together some fantastic dance grooves with a dash of psychedelia. This particular track is by Aaron Tokona, the Maori singer seen here on vocals who has uplifted it from his other band, AHoriBuzz.

Gorgeous backing singers too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a jazz playlist in my Amazon player. It's all '50s and '60s bop/hard bop. I've been listening to it for the past couple of nights.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Here's a local (for me) act I've have been enjoying recently which I'm sure will be new to 99.9% of B&B'ers.

Fly My Pretties are a music collective based here in Wellington, New Zealand. They come together every couple of years or so to tour the country and then go back to their respective bands / day-jobs. They often have a folk-acoustic slant but as seen here, they are also capable of puting together some fantastic dance grooves with a dash of psychedelia. This particular track is by Aaron Tokona, the Maori singer seen here on vocals who has uplifted it from his other band, AHoriBuzz.

Gorgeous backing singers too!

Great stuff! Big stretch, but carried me back to Sly and the Family Stone doing "Thank You Falattinme Be Mice Elf". There's some annoying static or feedback in this recording, but it's the best performance I could find.

$MilesDavis_DarkMagus.jpg

Daft Punk - Giorgio By Moroder

[video]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gmpsBeaVrkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

Tom

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I Think It's Going to Work Out Fine by Ry Cooder. Played this at the alter, more or less, in our backyard right before exchanging vows with my wife, July 4, 1987.

And so far it has.

listening to the whole album, but this song always makes us laugh...it's our Dog's name and the vet always says "oh Lovely Rita" when he first sees her.

The Beatles - Lovely Rita

Top Bottom