What's new

A shaving journal

I've found that I like to keep track of my experiences in a journal, to note my shaving experiences with different routines, soaps, razors, blades, et cetera. I had been using my standard notebook that I've kept a lot of writing in for a long time, and which I occasionally jot down thoughts on new recipes or beer.

I'm a Mac user, and I was browsing my last edition of MacWorld when I came across a review of Journler. It looked interesting, and it is free, so I downloaded it and tried it out.

It's great for a general journaling application, or a place to keep track of little things that don't warrant an entire Word document. Mostly, in this case, it is great for keeping track of shaving stuff. Fully searchable, Smart Folder capabilities, flagging, embedding links and media, etc...think of it as a nice database for life's miscellany. It is also capable of exporting to a blog or email or iWeb.

I highly recommend Journler, especially for those of you who like to jot down notes on your shaving experiences.

I really like the look of this program, but I don't use a mac. Anyone know of a similar program for PCs?

Would this be comparable to one note in MS Office ?

What version of Office started including that? The last version I purchased for Windows was XP, then I moved to Mac and have been using 2004.

Having never used OneNote, I have no idea.

As a former Mac user, I can tell you they are great! Because everything they do, if I understand it correctly, they do from ROM. Not software.

We now return you to your local stations. :a14:

Journaler has a great looking interface. I wish something was made like that for PC's.

What version of Office started including that? The last version I purchased for Windows was XP, then I moved to Mac and have been using 2004.

Having never used OneNote, I have no idea.

My one note came with MS Office 07 Home Edition. I am using a pc though, not a mac, so journaler will not work for me

As a former Mac user, I can tell you they are great! Because everything they do, if I understand it correctly, they do from ROM. Not software.

We now return you to your local stations. :a14:

Journaler has a great looking interface. I wish something was made like that for PC's.

I have to admit that this left me scratching my head. If they're so great, why are you a former Mac user?

Top Bottom