What's new

What non aluminum deoderant goes with Proraso?

Now that I have more or less turned into a Proraso junkie, I am looking for a good non aluminum deodorant that smalls like or is compatible with the smell of Proraso. I currently use Royal Copenhagen (which I have used for maybe 25 years). The RC does compliment the Proraso, but if anyone could offer a closer match to the scent of Proraso I would appreciate it.
Thanks, Ken.

Possibly not the advice you're looking for, but right around the time I started with the traditional wetshaving business, I switched to an unscented deodorant to altogether avoid competing fragrances. FWIW, I couldn't be happier.

Possibly not the advice you're looking for, but right around the time I started with the traditional wetshaving business, I switched to an unscented deodorant to altogether avoid competing fragrances. FWIW, I couldn't be happier.

+1

Just just to clarify, Ken, you actually WANT to smell like Proraso?

"clarify, Ken, you actually WANT to smell like Proraso?"

Yep, I like the smell!! :)

I have been using Burt's Bees Herbal Deodorant with oil of sage...99.92% natural. Been using it for yeras and lovin' it. Does not smell like Proraso but certainly does not conflict with it either.

Regards,

I have been using Burt's Bees Herbal Deodorant with oil of sage...99.92% natural. Been using it for yeras and lovin' it. Does not smell like Proraso but certainly does not conflict with it either.

Regards,

Isn't this an oil based deodorant? I ask because I've been curious about it for quite some time, but I've stayed away from it because I feared it would stain my clothes. Have you ever had a problem like this?

Isn't this an oil based deodorant? I ask because I've been curious about it for quite some time, but I've stayed away from it because I feared it would stain my clothes. Have you ever had a problem like this?

Not at all...in fact it prevents stains...here's why...the ingredients:

SD alcohol 40-B from yellow corn
water
sage oil
lavandin oil
citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil

Once you spray this under your arm it is wet for about 30-60 seconds then the alcohol drys it. No oily feeling what so ever. "This does not prevent the body from perspiring, which is a natural cleansing process necessary to release toxins. The oils minimizes and neutralizes odors." If you sweat profusely you will have perspiration stains on your clothes...not from the deoderant. If you want to stay totally dry under your arms this is not for you...it is not an anti-perspirant. That's where the aluminum and chemicals kick in. Fortunately I do not sweat that much during normal activities.

Hope this helps you...i highly recommend this product...been using it for years.

Regards,

I was at Whole Foods (USA) and remembered your post. The store is a chain of earthy organic super markets. They have a section for grooming supplies that cater to dyed in the wool hippies like yourself :lol: (just kidding).
They (and I'm sure stores like them) have a whole shelf of deodorants that do not contain aluminum and I found about 6 that came unscented. A lot of the scented versions had scents that you barely could smell if you where a bear in the woods (and that's a good sense of smell). One name that I remember that you may be able to get locally is Tom's (of Maine). Might be of some help to you.

Lots of good suggestions here. I guess I will end up with un-scented. As for the "old Hippie" comment; I may well bear some resemblance to that :)

Check out Nivea's deodorants. I allways use one that goes very well along with my Proraso shave days and Nivea Menthol Body Gel. MMMMMMMMM... call me Mentholated.

I find that removing the armpit hair drastically reduces scent to the point where only the most profuse sweating has any smell at all. But then again removing body hair has been my answer to most problems.

What if you decanted a little of the Proraso splash into a spray bottle for a deodarant?

I think if you combined the splash w/a little bit of alum, you'd probably have a pretty good deodarant. I know alum can be added to a liquid b/c I believe Speick aftershave contains alum.

I've never used the splash, so I don't know if it smells like the Proraso cream or not, but it'd be from the same line.

Aluminum deodorants are called "anti-persperants". Believe it or not they are a drug. OTOH, deodorants are mostly cosmetic. At most the alcohol kills surface bacteria, and if it contains Triclosan or preservatives, those will kill or retard bacterial growth. The fragrance is there to mask any odors that do appear, believe it or not companies like SpeedStick and Axe spend big money researching what fragrance notes harmonize with body odor.

Speed Stick Musk has no aluminum and goes with just about any cologne and is not strongly scented if used in moderation. I'd also recommend any that say "Fresh" on them since the smell is neutral and goes with just about anything, it's produced using modern synthetic smells, the same smell you get out of alot of laundry detergents now days, a sea breeze smell.

Top Bottom