What's new

visible stubble even after BBS

Even after I have a complete BBS shave, I still have visible 'shadow' on my face. Not that it bothers me too much - it's just a tad annoying that I can rub my face and it's totally smooth, but it looks like someone else after half a days beard growth.

I think it's just due to me having very fair skin, so the hair shows up though my top layer of skin.

If you have dense dark whiskers that are thick in diameter, you may be doomed. Even shaved, the ends of the whiskers are large and dark enough to be visible. Keeping your face tanned and using pore size reduction products can help minimize the effect. Remember though, the sun comes with it's own set of risks.

I was once well aquainted with a beauty consultant and this was a question brought to her.

If you have dense dark whiskers that are thick in diameter, you may be doomed. Even shaved, the ends of the whiskers are large and dark enough to be visible. Keeping your face tanned and using pore size reduction products can help minimize the effect. Remember though, the sun comes with it's own set of risks.

I was once well aquainted with a beauty consultant and this was a question brought to her.

Unfortunately I am a red head - so I do not tan at all. My whiskers are quite a bit darker than my hair though... almost dark brown.

Like I said... i'm not too bothered, but it is annoying to never be able to look 100% clean shaven, even atraight after a 35 minute, 5 passs BBS shave. :sad:

I had the exact same experience when I first started DE shaving a few months ago. I think as you hone your technique, you'll find the shaves looking and feeling better, however it can be that you're starting to really pay more attention to your post shave skin (I know that was part of it for me).

In the meantime, try picking up some shave talc, it does a good job for me.

I have the same problem. I'm very pale in complexion, so my dark whiskers stand out.

Like Kenyth said, I think we're out of luck. Since you can't tan, your best bet may be to become famous, so you have an excuse to wear makeup.

Even after I have a complete BBS shave, I still have visible 'shadow' on my face. Not that it bothers me too much - it's just a tad annoying that I can rub my face and it's totally smooth, but it looks like someone else after half a days beard growth.

I think it's just due to me having very fair skin, so the hair shows up though my top layer of skin.
That's interesting. I have a light beard so don't really have the problem. Wondering if you noticed the same problem using like a Fusion, Mach 3, or Sensor which would whack'em off below the pore?

Almost the same with me, with the difference that I have fairly dark skin. I think that, although you have a BBS face, the whiskers are actually at skin level and not under. Good thing since nobody likes ingrown hairs.
On the plus side, I also believe that a dark shadow makes you look more masculine :shifty: even though you may have sensitive skin :c11:.

That's interesting. I have a light beard so don't really have the problem. Wondering if you noticed the same problem using like a Fusion, Mach 3, or Sensor which would whack'em off below the pore?

Not QUITE as much when i shaved with my Fusion, but not much different. It's really on my cheek areas... around my neck looks completely clean.

GSE, reveal now in having that 5 o'clock look. I use to have a very dark beard also, which has turned to 90% white to light grey. So the 5 o'clock look is gone, but I'd trade the 30 years to have it back.

GSE, reveal now in having that 5 o'clock look. I use to have a very dark beard also, which has turned to 90% white to light grey. So the 5 o'clock look is gone, but I'd trade the 30 years to have it back.

I noticed my first couple of greys last week :sad:

I have the same problem. I'm very pale in complexion, so my dark whiskers stand out.

Like Kenyth said, I think we're out of luck. Since you can't tan, your best bet may be to become famous, so you have an excuse to wear makeup.
:lol:
I noticed my first couple of greys last week :sad:
:ohmy:

Life is really going down for you.

I am just kidding, of course, things are not that bad. You cannot escape your own genes. As long as you get a smooth shave and keep your skin healthy, I would not worry about your skin not looking like a baby's bottom. :wink2:

Yep, dark wiry whiskers showing through the skin on our cheeks and necks are the price we pay for that dashing mop of hair on our heads.

. Wondering if you noticed the same problem using like a Fusion, Mach 3, or Sensor which would whack'em off below the pore?

I was thinking the exact same thing- sounds to me like the OP wants the hairs to be cut below the skin level. Maybe a face scrub (the soapy stuff with bits of plastic in it) would diminsh the appearance of the hairs.

This reminds me of a scene in a Simpsons episode, where Homer is doing his morning shave, and instantly after he is done shaving his famous 5 O'Clock shadow re-appears. Some people are just going to be known for having a shadow, I guess.

Me, I'm not bugged by 5 O'clock shadow on men. Nothing worse than cherub faced people everywhere. I don't worship the 1950's clean-cut look. Nothing wrong with a little facial hair as long as it looks neat and not like a bum or hobo.

I have the same problem to a very minor extent, dark beard and light skin, which results in a slight shadow. The DE results in a closer shave, so I don't have it as much as I used to, but it's still barely there. Super close, BBS shaves, and I can still see a little. Nothing much really can be done about it.

Top Bottom