What's new

Williams Menthol Shave Cream!--Searching for a Source

I picked up a tube of Williams menthol shaving cream when I was living in Chile. They come in green toothpaste tubes of 100ml worth. They're dirt cheap in Chile--I'm talking less than $2.

Well today, I found the tube in the bottom of my dop kit and used some again. The menthol had a pleasant tingling sensation at the end of the shave. Problem is, my tube is almost gone and I've never seen this stuff anywhere.

Does anyone have a source for this?

Thanks,
Byron

I'd like to try that too. If you like the menthol, though, Ingram is full of it. It is a very good cream, nice and slick. I don't know how it would compare to the Williams cream.

Norm

I picked up a tube of Williams menthol shaving cream when I was living in Chile. They come in green toothpaste tubes of 100ml worth. They're dirt cheap in Chile--I'm talking less than $2.

Well today, I found the tube in the bottom of my dop kit and used some again. The menthol had a pleasant tingling sensation at the end of the shave. Problem is, my tube is almost gone and I've never seen this stuff anywhere.

Does anyone have a source for this?

Thanks,
Byron

My friend that stuff is going to be hard to find. That's one I haven't come across in my extensive internet wanderings except as an occasional tube of NOS in the odd auction now and again and they looked pretty rough I can tell you. How long have you had that tube?

Someone posted this pic recently. I forget what country it was from. That tube looks like it is recent. And look at the Aqua Velva!

Norm

Thanks for posting the link! Do they ship to CONUS? The tube that I've got is about two years old, as that was when I was last in Chile. I'll post a digital pic as soon as I get a chance.

Here's some pictures of the Chilean version.

The back of the tube says that Davis S.A. on Avenida Las Pajaritos 6366, Santiago Chile produced the shave cream for Dimasa S.A. all under the license of Glaxo Smith Kline.

Attachments

• $Williams Front.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 564
Saw some Williams SC ( not sure re the menthol) in an Sikh food shop in Seattle. You might try looking in an Indian shop.

Williams pics from EU (can be found in Belgium, at least sensitive skin one)
I think they contain silicone, I remember one sort (blue) that didn't require any brush. Not seen it anymore, but doesn't mean doesn't exist anymore

For my fellow Belgians/Dutch friends: the sensitive version can be found at GB, the Menthol one at Kruidvat. Decent creams IMHO.

G

glenn man

Williams pics from EU (can be found in Belgium, at least sensitive skin one)
I think they contain silicone, I remember one sort (blue) that didn't require any brush. Not seen it anymore, but doesn't mean doesn't exist anymore
Where can I buy on line or in North America Williams creme a raser mentholee?
Appreciate all the directions and advise,

Glenn man

Top Bottom