What's new

What is your 'signature' scent?

I am suprised its not a fairly recent topic, but what would you say is your 'signature' scent. A scent that accentuates yourself and that people recognize as ... well .. you! Something that you receive compliments on as opposed to complaints.

For me, it can only be Bvlgari Aqva;

It took me 7 months to find a cologne I liked, working my way through Dunhill, Rocawear (though I did like it), other Bvlgari's and smelling most of the others at stores (sorry I really dislike most others, didn't mind boss bottled night).

Once I got used to Aqva I have had plenty of compliments, male and female, and I have really started to love the fragrance. So I would say this is my signature scent (especially after I bought 4 bottles online incase they stop making it in the future!)

proxy.php

Aqva is nice. I currently have the Aqva Marine in my library.
I haven't found my signature yet.
Many years ago it was Burberry London but that's played out for me now.

The search continues!

I don't have a true signature scent. I like too many to pick one favorite. But Guerlain Vetiver is probably as close to one as I get.

I really like Captain Pre-Capsize's "Captain's Choice".
It's brand new, but I've been living off of samples for
a month now. It's a unique bay rum and will be my
signature scent.

John

proxy.php

@Max; I've never tried Aqva Marine but I have been interested, it almost seems more popular than the straight Aqva.

@Jforrest; Thanks for the pic! I've never seen that before. The world of fragrant aftershaves is a bit lost with me since I've grown up in a world of shopping malls where nothing is sold but brut.

I am suprised its not a fairly recent topic, but what would you say is your 'signature' scent. A scent that accentuates yourself and that people recognize as ... well .. you! Something that you receive compliments on as opposed to complaints.

For me, it can only be Bvlgari Aqva;

It took me 7 months to find a cologne I liked, working my way through Dunhill, Rocawear (though I did like it), other Bvlgari's and smelling most of the others at stores (sorry I really dislike most others, didn't mind boss bottled night).

Once I got used to Aqva I have had plenty of compliments, male and female, and I have really started to love the fragrance. So I would say this is my signature scent (especially after I bought 4 bottles online incase they stop making it in the future!)

proxy.php

Brooks Brothers 1818, at least until my new SCS Tweed arrives.

There's way too many in the rotation to have a signature. Years ago before I really got into frags, I would have said Drakkar and Polo Green, both of which remain in the 'drobe, but don't see much play anymore.

A couple years ago I could have answered this question easily: Guerlain Vetiver. Back then I only had three colognes, Paloma Picasso Minotaure, Hermes Rocabar and the GV. Now I have way too many and it would be impossible to declare a signature scent.

Still working on finding a signature - there are so many to choose from and I like lots of them. My go to is probably Selection Verte in the summer but there are plenty of other great ones to try.

For the last few years it was Gucci pour homme II. I liked the mild tea and spice scent, also it was the only cologne I had. but now i'm getting into fragrances and i've picked up like 50 samples so we'll see if any become signatures.

I do quite like variety. Lately though I've been reaching for Kouros when I can't make up my mind. The scent they wear in heaven...

Top Bottom