What's new

What is your 'signature' scent?

I don't know if I have a signature because I switch daily, but I've worn Elsha 1776 & Polo Green at least once a week for nearly 30 years.

Holy thread resurrection! :)

I just got the traveling frag box, so am looking to expand my scents. For a long time it was either Drakkar Noir, or Polo Green. Lately its been Very Sexy bu Victoria Secret. I really kinda like the Jacomo de Jacomo, and a bunch of the Trumper scents, GFT, Astor etc. The Creed scents seem very nice, but WOW are they $$$$$!

Bored, years ago, in boarding school, we tried just about every scent available. The jocks stuck with Canoe, pretty dreadful. I found 4711 and Guerlain Imperiale, and I pretty much stuck with them.

Then 20 years ago I sniffed my gal pal's French boyfriend's scent. Zowie. Guerlain Jicky. Fabulous, and I have stuck with it ever since. Marketed to women, but has been a favorite among men since it was first formulated, in 1889. Jean Cocteau and Sean Connery were/are Jicky fans.

But sometimes I still love a big splash of 4711.

Don't know if I would call it a sig scent but it is the one I use the most frequently

Caswell-Massey Tricorn.

Not sure what I will do once it runs out as it appears they discontinued the scent after producing it for so many years :sad:

proxy.php

Depending upon the setting and my mood, either Antonio Banderas Blue Seduction or Aramis. Perhaps it's because I'm still young, but I'm the only person I or my friends/family know that wear them.

Don't know if I would call it a sig scent but it is the one I use the most frequently

Caswell-Massey Tricorn.

Not sure what I will do once it runs out as it appears they discontinued the scent after producing it for so many years :sad:

proxy.php

Tricorn is a nice scent.
But #6 is my favorite and if I had to pick just one scent that would be it...

I, like many men here, do not have a signature scent. Its a very romantic idea, to have one scent that you always wear and can be identified by. But for lovers of fragrances, it's just impossible. Some of us are just to fond of too many scents. We love a variety, we see some scents as more appropriate for certain seasons and certain situations. There are maybe two or three scents that I think I will always buy, so I *might* be able to limit it to a few scents: Aqua Velva, chanel pour monsieur, Blenheim Bouquet, knize Ten, Brut,... okay that's more than three.

I, like many men here, do not have a signature scent. Its a very romantic idea, to have one scent that you always wear and can be identified by. But for lovers of fragrances, it's just impossible. Some of us are just to fond of too many scents. We love a variety, we see some scents as more appropriate for certain seasons and certain situations. There are maybe two or three scents that I think I will always buy, so I *might* be able to limit it to a few scents: Aqua Velva, chanel pour monsieur, Blenheim Bouquet, knize Ten, Brut,... okay that's more than three.

This and just the fact that I want to experiment with them all. Decants save my wallet.

Probably a tobacco/woodsy type scent like Aventus, Terre D'Hermes, or Tobacco Vanille.

I don't have a signature scent either, but try to keep my rotation fairly small. It's a pretty mainstream list, but it works for me...

YSL la Nuit de l'Homme
Guerlain Vetiver
Creed Green Irish Tweed
L'Occitane Eau des Baux
Bleu de Chanel
Creed Aventus
Terre d'Hermes

Top Bottom