What's new

Proraso Soap Vs. Proraso Cream

Used both, prefer the soap --simply just because I tend to prefer soaps in general. The soap is (marginally) cheaper in use. Frankly, I don't think it matters, both are essentially equivalent.

-- John Gehman

I use both and actually sometimes at the same time. I often use the ProRaso soap with another cream, such as Trumpers Rose. I like the combination.

I have both and can't tell the difference between them other than the time it takes to lather. Given a particular brush it takes longer for me to lather w/soap than the cream. Other than that, they seem identical but I'm not a picky man. I like the cooling sensation Proraso offers.

I have both, like them both. Sometimes both at once (superlather: cream on face, soap on brush). It's the only mentholated stuff I have (plus, eucalyptus is even better than just menthol, IMHO), so I tend to use it more in hot weather.

I have both and like the soap better. I prefer the lather I get with the soap.
As always; YMMV.

Without time constraints, this morning I made a 4-passes with the soap. I seldom make 4 passes. First time my Kent BK4 touches Proraso. Closest shave in my life.

I use both (not at the same time). It seems that whichever one I use I prefer more :) In other words, I don't have a preference. They both have their benefits

soap takes longer to load but coats the face faster when face lathering
cream is easier to load but coats the face slower when face lathering

You really cannot go wrong with either. I think the ingredient lists may be virtually identical

I use both (not at the same time). It seems that whichever one I use I prefer more :) In other words, I don't have a preference. They both have their benefits

soap takes longer to load but coats the face faster when face lathering
cream is easier to load but coats the face slower when face lathering

You really cannot go wrong with either. I think the ingredient lists may be virtually identical

Superlather both!!

I have both (Proraso Green soap and Proraso Blue cream).
I like the lather and scent of both, but would prefer a soap. I like to load the brush off of a puck.
I wish i could buy a puck of the Blue.

Top Bottom