What's new

DE Blades

JohnP said:
Hi folks,
The exchange select brand is like the no-name brand sold on US bases worldwide.....I think I still have a few packs of them. Good knowing they compare well. They used to carry palmolive cream, as well, but now all they have (for us brush types anyway) seems to be Surrey soap rounds (good) and Surrey bristle brushes(not-so-good, unless you like cleaning brush bristles off your face after every shave...)
I'll have to break some of them out now. I had them relegated to the "well if there isn't anything else..." pile.
John P.
Hi JohnP,
Are your Exchange Selects made by ASRCO? and are they the Platinum plated Chrome Steel? :a36: I found those that I have recently purchased are better than the Personna Platinums at Wally World and Walgreens.

At the Exchange in Midwest City. I sent a letter to ASRCO asking them to identify a retailer in the SLC area so I can give you a better answer. I was not ignoring you, I just do not have a good answer as yet.

Ron,

Thanks for looking out for me, and pardon my persistance...I kept re-reading everything thinking I was overlooking the answer! Also, I was getting ready to cross the moat and invade the towers! :a33: I anxiously await your response.

guenron said:
Hi JohnP,
Are your Exchange Selects made by ASRCO? and are they the Platinum plated Chrome Steel? :a36: I found those that I have recently purchased are better than the Personna Platinums at Wally World and Walgreens.

I would have thought that all 3 of these blades would be identical, all made by ASR, with identical dispenser packages.

Pauldog said:
I would have thought that all 3 of these blades would be identical, all made by ASR, with identical dispenser packages.
ASRCO makes (made?) at least three different formulations of blade. Stainless, Chrome, other with or without platinum coatings. I read this on their web site some time ago. It appears that they have revised their site as they no longer talk about "private brands" products, i.e. where they oem the blades. Anyway, I wrote and have not heard back as yet. They have an 800 number you may wish to call.

Ron,
Yes, I believe they are; I don't have any in front of me, but they do come in the standard Personna-style blade dispensers.
I'll look, after work tomorrow, if I get a chance.
John P.

I live about 30 minutes from the plant in Verona, Virginia.

I've visisted there one time when I was sent on a service dispatch to repair a phone trouble.

This was before I got hooked on DE shaving, so I did not think to ask for a tour of the factory floor. If I get a chance again, I'll see if I can watch the machines in action.

They do have a rather neat lobby that showcases all of the equipment (in finished retail form) that they make in the factory.

It's rather small. I would say that there is about 200-300 people who work there as compared to the other manufacturing plants here in the Shenandoah Valley. (Hershey's, McGee ("Little Debbie"), Holister (medical supplies), Coors (real bad beer... the Skullsplitter and Hobglobin are MUCH better) ) :001_smile

-joedy

Gentlemen,

Joe Lerch said:
I certainly notice changes in hair growth at different times of the year and in different kinds of weather...,

I don't have these plant like characteristics, but I am now green with envy:wink:

Regards
John

I bought some equaline super stainless steel douldle edge razor from albertsons today they come in a package like Ron's razors did (push button down dispence in direction of arrow). Made in the USA. Anybody ever heard of these?

Top Bottom