What's new

First Post.....seeking improvement...any tips!

hello all.
although this is my first post, i stumbled across this site over a year ago but had already started my adventure into wet shaving so didn't really engage! let me say, wet shaving has completely changed my life, no exaggeration!!! i used to have a face only a mother could love! years of abuse at the hands of mach threes and canned gunk had left me with a hypersensitive, red, inflammed, spotty, oily, dry, peeling face with boils of ingrown hairs, thought i had leprosy!!! spent a fortune on all manner of creams and potions to treat each individual problem! but the change since i started wet shaving has been unreal.
obviously spent another fortune, exploring this strange new world but have my routine down to the following:

merkur hd
feather blades
pre shave trumpers coral
proraso pre shave
taylors avodoco or proraso
post shave trumpers coral

it works quite well, face is normal looking, thank god but can't really go for bbs, or more than two passes but not really worried.
just wondered if any one had any suggestions for improvement or where i can get my hands on feather blades in th uk???? oh and have trumpers changed their creams lately cause the rose doesn't seem to be as good as i remember for two years ago!

hello all.
although this is my first post, i stumbled across this site over a year ago but had already started my adventure into wet shaving so didn't really engage! let me say, wet shaving has completely changed my life, no exaggeration!!! i used to have a face only a mother could love! years of abuse at the hands of mach threes and canned gunk had left me with a hypersensitive, red, inflammed, spotty, oily, dry, peeling face with boils of ingrown hairs, thought i had leprosy!!! spent a fortune on all manner of creams and potions to treat each individual problem! but the change since i started wet shaving has been unreal.
obviously spent another fortune, exploring this strange new world but have my routine down to the following:

merkur hd
feather blades
pre shave trumpers coral
proraso pre shave
taylors avodoco or proraso
post shave trumpers coral

it works quite well, face is normal looking, thank god but can't really go for bbs, or more than two passes but not really worried.

just wondered if any one had any suggestions for improvement or where i can get my hands on feather blades in th uk???? oh and have trumpers changed their creams lately cause the rose doesn't seem to be as good as i remember from two years ago!

we are all in the guttter, but some of us are looking at the stars! Oscar wilde

There's been considerable discussion that Trumper have changed their formula, and it looks as though that's been the case.

I don't know of a source for Feather blades in the UK, but you might try the UK sampler pack to see if perhaps another brand of blade works:

In the UK: here.

It sounds as though you're doing all the right stuff. Another thought: give Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap a go sometime. Very nice to the skin.

The Mitchell's can also be found rebranded by Kent. It is a very nice moisturizing soap, one of my favourites.

What do you use for brush? there may be room for improvement there. HAve you tried shaving in steps. i.e. two passes in the morning and two in the afternoon? Just in case you need bbs to please somebody else.

Definitely go for a sampler pack before settling on one particular brand of blade. Feathers can be unforgiving, especially if you're just starting to hone your technique with a DE razor.

Welcome to B&B. As mentioned above the Sampler Pack is the way to go. Let us know how you are making out.

thanks for all the comments! think trumpers definitely have changed their formula, why god why????!!!! Have fallen in love with taylors avocado and Proraso is lethal in the hot weather, really cools ur face when u rinse! I barely do two passes, as my skin would tend to burn and i would get ingrowing hairs, grrrrrrrr!!!!! hate those MoFos!!! Have gotten a sampler pack of blades of ebay but tried the Personna and they cut me to bits!!! heard so much good talk about them but am afraid to try them again! started off with merkur which were ok if not spectacular, the best i have used so far are the feathers, but i find it hard to buy them, any tips would be great, don't wanna keep buying sampler packs and leave most of them unused. oh, have two packs of Derbys, are they any good! Thanks again,

Top Bottom