What's new

Plisson & Kent

Good Day Gentleman:

I have decided to embark on what I hope will be a fun filled journey into collecting brushes. I found Dr. P's collection nothing short of awe inspiring and I thought what the hell !

My question is this. I am looking into a Kent BK8 or BK4 and a Plisson. I suppose my real question is where can one find Plissons online to get a true feel for different sizes and above all costs? I have seen Atkinson's site but I was wondering if there was anywhere else? How about Stateside?

I know I would want something in a HMW not too large...perhaps around the size of a Chubby #1. Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you,

Bobby

Tieguy77 said:
My question is this. I am looking into a Kent BK8 or BK4 and a Plisson. I suppose my real question is where can one find Plissons online to get a true feel for different sizes and above all costs? I have seen Atkinson's site but I was wondering if there was anywhere else? How about Stateside?

Bobby,
If you are going to be collecting brushes, I'd start with the BK's. They are easier to find, and quite a bit less expensive. You can pick up a BK4 for under $70, and a BK8 for a little over $100, where as a decent Plisson HWM will set you back $300+. So far as I know, no one has Plissons stateside with a web presence. I'd probably recommend picking up few kents, simpsons, etc before you venture into the plissons, as the plissons are small, incredibly expensive, and difficult to get a hold of, so you'll want to have a good idea of size/hair type etc before you pull the plug on one. (no pun intended)

Sound advice as always my friends...I certainly see no problem with starting with Simpson's and Kent! Thank you again for your feedback

Bobby

Bobby,

I agree with Joel: when i started collecting brushes my very first shaving brush was a Kent BK4; then followed a T12, next a BK12; fourth brush was a Chubby #3 in super badger, subsequently a Polo #12 in super....the rest of the list is history......

My list consists of numerous brushes of the top brands i.e,;

Kent
Shavemac/Savile Row
Vulfix
Plisson
Rooney
Simpsons

Apart from these brands, i've only one specimen of the following brands:

DR Harris
Muehle Pinsel
Omega
Edwin Jagger

And a few vintage brushes.

It's a pleasant journey to travel, especially because i have some 35 brushes in daily rotation; i admire the look and the feel of these handmade beauties at least once a day...:wink:

Enjoy your trip!!!

Peter

Does anyone know approximately how long it would take for a kent to arrive to the Northeast? Perhaps there is a retailer of Kent shavebrushes a little closer to home....20% off is pretty nice though!

Top Bottom