What's new

Local DFW find – Godrej

For the guys in the DFW area...

Here's the good news. At O'Connor and 183 (Airport Freeway) in Irving, there's an Indian supermarket called Namaste India. They have Godrej Original, Lime Fresh, and Menthol Mist creams. :w00t:

Now here's the bad news. They had about 50 tubes of each one on the shelf. And as best as I could tell, they were all set to "expire" in July of this year. :scared:

So we need to all go and clean them out of stock so they can get some fresh stock! :lol:

Last edited:
Not a great deal of stock movement, eh? Thanks for the head's up anyway. If I ever get up in that area I will check it out. None of the Indian markets in FTW have much of anything shaving-wise.

Thanks for the info. I looked around a few years back when I worked in the area. Now recently started working not too far away again, although usually on 114 instead of 183. Might be worth a lunch break trip to check it out.

FWIW, I wouldn't worry about that expiration date. My first tube of Godrej Lime Fresh was 2 years expired when I bought it about 6 months ago. I should be finishing it in the coming week, no problems at all. I might even wait until next month and then ask for a discount!

Nice find, awol!!

The Patel Bros. store in Macarthur in Iving has the creams, too. They also expire in July...all of them! Two weeks ago, I checked a bunch of boxes to be sure. What's up with that?

Anyway, these past two months, my Godrej lime has been leaking. When I set it down on the counter while shaving, oily, yellow stuff leaks out. I've tried stirring it, but it seems to separate again over time. I'm not sure if mine's a weird batch, since not everybody's does that. Doesn't seem to affect performance yet, just letting y'all know.

Would I buy it again, even with the weird leakiness? Absolutely!!! It's great stuff! I hope you got some.

Nice find, awol!!

The Patel Bros. store in Macarthur in Iving has the creams, too. They also expire in July...all of them! Two weeks ago, I checked a bunch of boxes to be sure. What's up with that?

Anyway, these past two months, my Godrej lime has been leaking. When I set it down on the counter while shaving, oily, yellow stuff leaks out. I've tried stirring it, but it seems to separate again over time. I'm not sure if mine's a weird batch, since not everybody's does that. Doesn't seem to affect performance yet, just letting y'all know.

Would I buy it again, even with the weird leakiness? Absolutely!!! It's great stuff! I hope you got some.

Still love that avatar pic!

I did buy some. Got the lime and menthol versions. Planning on using the lime tomorrow and the menthol on Tuesday.

"Barf!" to awol and topherloaf. :lol: That's still my favorite video game after all these years.

And Brian--I'm glad the you like the Godrej lime! Do you guys have a brush preference with Godrej creams? My brush collection is a Semogue 620, Omega 49, and a drugstore badger brush I picked up in Europe. For me, Godrej works great with all of them!! :thumbup:

Anyway, this thread needs a Godrej pic.

Attachments

• $godrej.jpg
    $godrej.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 111
Oh yeah man. I made sure that was the first DLed game when I bought my Wii and when I found out that the GameBoy Advance SP had it way back when I picked it up then too. Glad to see another DFWite around. We are amassing in number here on B&B.

I used the Godrej first with the Semogue 1438. BTW, I love that little brush.

Tomorrow (this AM actually) I'll try it with a Simpson Special Best Badger, the smallest brush I own. I expect it'll work fine. I've never had any issues lathering anything that wants to lather with our soft water with any brush.

Finally made it over there, 183/O'connor , at lunch time. Got one of the regular and one of the lime. They really are pretty good, at least I am getting very good lather and shaves using these. AND why didn't any one tell me they are only $1.99 ?? Next trip will have to stock up. Only negative is they did not have any 7 O'Clock blades, actually no blades at all.

Is there a way I might be able to try some? I'm a hour from Houston. Are there any Indian markets in The Woodlands or Spring,Texas? Or a new cream you'd recommend I try?

Jerry

Finally made it over there, 183/O'connor , at lunch time. Got one of the regular and one of the lime. They really are pretty good, at least I am getting very good lather and shaves using these. AND why didn't any one tell me they are only $1.99 ?? Next trip will have to stock up. Only negative is they did not have any 7 O'Clock blades, actually no blades at all.

What does the regular smell like? Is there anything you can compare it to?

Is there a way I might be able to try some? I'm a hour from Houston. Are there any Indian markets in The Woodlands or Spring,Texas? Or a new cream you'd recommend I try?

Send a PM and I'm sure we can work something out. :001_smile

Godrej "Regular" (i.e. Rich Foam/Deluxe) has a sort of fresh aquatic smell to it, very "blue" but with a musky quality. Very much a cologne-scented cream. It's unique. Some say the scent is sort of "foreign" but I don't think so.

Yeah, I was hoping they would have some blades, but I wasn't able to track any down. I want to say the other Indian Market further west did have some blades, but they were generic no name... Definitely not Gillette.

Top Bottom