What's new

Featured Aftershave - Floid (Italian)

Genuine “Amber” Floid has been a classic for a long time. Originally created in 1932 by Haugron Cientifical of Barcelona Floid was a favorite of traditional barbers and is credited with being the first product to carry the title of “Aftershave”. The Italian version which is a softer version of the original scent is now produced by Revlon.

proxy.php
proxy.php

This could easily be my all time favorite aftershave. Great barbershop scent, lightly sweet & powdery with a little anise and a healthy dose of menthol. Leaves your skin feeling great and the scent is not overpowering. On me it lasts maybe 2 hours tops. I can’t recommend this enough. Great for all seasons and occasions.

The 400 ml bottle is presently going for around $45 not including shipping which adds a bit due to the weight of the bottle. Definitely look for free shipping. I’m not sure how long a bottle lasts but mines 2+ years old and still going strong.

Ingredients:
Alcohol Denat, Aqua, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Parfum, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Menthol, Benzyl Alcohol, Ethoxydiglycol, CI 19140, CI 15985, CI 16255, CI 14720 , CI 28440, CI 42051

shaving.ie has the Italian Floid for $33.65. I think it was about $42, shipped to California. Expensive, but it's 400 ml and a classic.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
THis is without a doubt a true winner. I receive a great deal of compliments from the ladies when they smell it fresh. You really cant go wrong with the Italian/Spanish versions. I dont really care for the Blue floids, but if you stick with the Ambers of any origin, you cant really go wrong. A little goes a long way.

Looking at the ingredients: that's a lot of alcohol. It doesn't burn like crazy?

Not really. I think it's very soothing and the menthol feels great. Over shaving or rough technique will put the sting to you with almost any alcohol based splash.

I bought a small bottle of Italian Floid in Germany on a recent trip to test out. My large bottle arrived yesterday- this is really great stuff.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The Genuine Floid unquestionably is one of the finest aftershave splashes ever made and a very traditional choice for Italian Master Barbers. :thumbup1: A fabulous product to own, use and love. :001_wub: Excellent write-up, Kevin! :wink2:

Looking at the ingredients: that's a lot of alcohol. It doesn't burn like crazy?

I have the Spanish Floid-Vigoroso, with menthol. It does not burn like crazy. What is interesting is that the menthol does not come on right away. It takes a few seconds, and then you get a wonderful menthol rush. It also dries down very nicely, and leaves my face feeling great.

As the temperature climbs into the mid 90's here, I have begun looking in earnest for another cooling AS. Perhaps some of you Floid veterans can answer a couple questions for me. WCS carries two versions of the amber goodness: Suave and Vigoroso, which I am guessing to be the Italian and Spanish incarnations, respectively? I want a step up in cooling from, say, Arlington, but I'm not looking for an Osage Rub burn-your-eyes-for-hours face-freezer. Does the Suave get it done? Or is the Vigoroso what I need? Any opinions welcome. Thanks.

As the temperature climbs into the mid 90's here, I have begun looking in earnest for another cooling AS. Perhaps some of you Floid veterans can answer a couple questions for me. WCS carries two versions of the amber goodness: Suave and Vigoroso, which I am guessing to be the Italian and Spanish incarnations, respectively? I want a step up in cooling from, say, Arlington, but I'm not looking for an Osage Rub burn-your-eyes-for-hours face-freezer. Does the Suave get it done? Or is the Vigoroso what I need? Any opinions welcome. Thanks.

Italian Floid has a nice menthol feel. Not too extreme but enough that you can feel it a little while after the shave.

So is the Suave Italian & the Vigoroso Spanish, or is the Suave just a toned-down version? WCS lists them both as Spanish.

And if you've tried Arlington (most cooling in the current den), would you say it is more cooling, or is it comparable?

So is the Suave Italian & the Vigoroso Spanish, or is the Suave just a toned-down version? WCS lists them both as Spanish.

And if you've tried Arlington (most cooling in the current den), would you say it is more cooling, or is it comparable?

Both are Spanish. The bottle in the OP is the Italian version.
I have used the Suave, and to me it has more cooling effect than Arlington.

T

true01

I think the suave and virgoso are the same scent but the virgoso has more menthol

I got a sample from Gary- I have to say that I much prefer the blue- I find the blue to be less powdery...kinda glad I don't like it or I would be stockpiling it along with the blue:)

Top Bottom