What's new

Blix's straight shaving journal.

eBay strikes again!

I had pretty much stopped looking for cheap eBay straights, but this one looked near mint, so I had to throw in a bid.
$45 shipped to Norway for a 7/8 C-Mon isn't half bad!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360395609238?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

proxy.php

By blix72 at 2011-09-25

It may never been honed, judging by the pictures.

They are supposed to be exceptional shavers that takes an wicked edge. I'll report back when it arrives and get some hone lovin' :001_smile

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I think it's the 21st century equivalent of hunting down a wooly mammoth... The thrill of the hunt! :)

Arrived today, what a nice little thing, there was an error in the listing, turned out to be a 11/16, but I knew that before it was shipped, so I was fine with that.

Just honed it, and it seems to have taken a wicked sharp edge, tomorrows shave will tell. :001_smile

proxy.php

By blix72 at 2011-10-05

That evil spike point kinda scares me though.

Man, I am so jealous of you after reading this thread! I have been DE shaving for about a year, and absolutely love it! I was given my first straight razor by another member here, and Rick (Wid) honed it for me. I tried it today, and did not have great results. It was so much harder than it looked, and man did it feel weird. After about half of my first pass, I had to put down the straight and pick up my Mergress. I need to do a lot more looking and watching!
Nice pics of the razors and stones!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Man, I am so jealous of you after reading this thread! I have been DE shaving for about a year, and absolutely love it! I was given my first straight razor by another member here, and Rick (Wid) honed it for me. I tried it today, and did not have great results. It was so much harder than it looked, and man did it feel weird. After about half of my first pass, I had to put down the straight and pick up my Mergress. I need to do a lot more looking and watching!
Nice pics of the razors and stones!

It takes a while to learn Dave. If it was easy to do most of us would have stuck to DE shaving. It seems straight razor users enjoy the challenge. As you can see Blix stuck it out for a 100 shaves, so you have 99 more to go :).

Top Bottom