What's new

Identify generic blades?

I checked at our local grocery store H.E.B., to see what DE blades they carry and all they had was their generic store brand Hill Country Fare. I assume these are relabeled blades made by another company. They say "Made in USA" on the blade. Is there a way to tell who makes them? See pictures below.
proxy.php

proxy.php

If the package were to say "Made in Korea" they would be Dorko's and a rather mediocre blade, however you have the "Made in USA" Personna blades that are generally a fair to good shave for a whole lot of people. For the price, convenience and lack of shipping I could stick with the "Made in USA" blade for how well it works.

The "Made in Korea" Dorko's (Dollar General, K-Mart) are good enough if I have to while traveling...and room service will be pleased they have a built in blade bank.

Phil

Theres 3 versions of that blade.
Korean, US and Israeli.

The koreans are meh. the Us are somewhat dull. the israeli ones are good.
the 4 arrows on the blade indicate those are US made. they wull get you out of tight spot. but dont expect a decent clean shave out of the,

good blades....i wish Walmart still carried these because those Wilki's blow :thumbup1:

Attachments

• $Personna blades 1.jpg
    $Personna blades 1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 132
Generally I'm a fan of these, they last me about 6 days before I change them, although walgreens wants 79 cents a blade for them (7.99 a box) so I'll be bulk ordering the winner from my sample-pack soon. Navy Exchange also carries them under the Exchange select brand, but they're still USA Personna's, harder to find those though.

Generally I'm a fan of these, they last me about 6 days before I change them, although walgreens wants 79 cents a blade for them (7.99 a box) so I'll be bulk ordering the winner from my sample-pack soon. Navy Exchange also carries them under the Exchange select brand, but they're still USA Personna's, harder to find those though.

wow..pricey. i was trying to think of who still carried these under their house brand. i thought it was Walgreens or Rite Aid..couldnt remember. they are good blades but not that good.

I actually just picked up a pack of these at my local Meijer, good to know they aren't horrible. Should be a good first blade for my fatboy.

I think I pay 1.99 at Kroger (local grocery) and yes, I balk at Walgreen's price too.
Phil

I actually just picked up a pack of these at my local Meijer, good to know they aren't horrible. Should be a good first blade for my fatboy.
Sometime this spring the Meijer Personnas disappeared from the shelves of the store down the road from here. The Meijer version was probably the best version because the edges were both platinum treated, and "Comfort-coated," probably teflon. Other versions, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, et. al. had either one or the other of the above, but not both.

The Kroger version has neither, and from what I've read, is good for 2-3 so-so shaves at best.

Top Bottom