What's new

Truefitt & Hill LAvender shave cream

First off, this is probably one of the absolutely BEST performing shave creams that I have tried to date. Then again, I just recently (FINALLY) got my lather dialed in. Anyway...

The lather was great. Fabulous, even! There was only one small problem... It didn't smell like lavender. I even called SWMBO up into the shave cave to check the scent and help me decide if it was me or the cream. Both of us concluded that, while it smells floral, this is almost definitely NOT an actual lavender scent.

That being said, I will definitely be picking T&H up in Grafton scent. Love me some Grafton EDC

I've only tried the lavender from the sample pack and I agree that the scent is not 'lavenderish' as we'd expect, but it's still nice. I'm a bowl latherer and I find that with all T&H I can make mounds of lather with just the tiniest bit of cream. Great stuff for sure.

I love this cream as well for those rare occasions I use a cream. I do find the scent very much a Lavender scent though. It's English Lavender which is always a blend but this is a very green smelling lavender to my nose. Of course they may have fiddled with it as my pot is nigh 5 years old. Either way, it's darn good stuff.

Chris

I've only used it through a sample but it smelt like Lavendar to me. It also gave a whole new meaning to "make a mountain out of a molehill". Absolutely luscious lather.

I've used this and I'm pretty sure it smelt like lavender. I'm also fairly convinced that AoS Lavender and T&H Lavender are the exact same product.

I do not like the scent. Way too artificial. But the lather is simply amazing. Absolutely incredible.

Tried the Lavender the other day and the scent was horrible. Not even remotely like lavender.
I tried the Rose scent today and that was superb! Great lather and scent.

it's very light and kind of a blended/powdery scent. i've found the ultimate comfort to have more of a straight forward essential oil lavender scent, a la art of shaving lavender cream. of course, the truefitt & hill people still maintain the ultimate comfort cream is unscented.:confused1

Top Bottom