What's new

groom and clean vs. vitalis

have tried neither and i don't think i'm allowed to test them hehe!

let's see my haircut is a side part but a little longer in the back compared to a short back and sides. i have thick dark hair. i'm 27.

i've tried brylcreem and yardley's lavender pomade.

edit: doh! can a mod make it a poll?

Last edited:
The Groom n Clean gives more hold, both leave hair shiny and can be combed through eaisly without messing up the style. They are both inexpensive enough to have on hand. I have mixed them with good results.

The Groom and Clean is similar to Brylcreem except not as greasy, IMHO the hold is actually better. I have not tried Vitalis as I have thick hair and I don't see a tonic being able to hold it, but you gotta love that shine. I have heard of gents mixing the two, but I'm not that bold.

I was a huge Vitalis fan. I still like it, but it does have its own scent. Now always the most pleasing one. I also tend to find Vitalis a little greasy at first, and then it dries out. Unfortunately, I think it also dries the hair a little due to the alcohol content.

I tried the Groom and Clean also. I like it better than Vitalis personally. It does have better hold. I just find I have to use at least a quarter size goop of it to get the hair to brush straight back. It's not really greasy though after it brushes through a few times. The scent isn't too bad either....if you like the citrusy Pledge/Endust odor, LOL.

Either one will do you just fine. I'd start with the Groom and Clean first (if you're gonna try both). I think you'll like it better.

have tried neither and i don't think i'm allowed to test them hehe!

let's see my haircut is a side part but a little longer in the back compared to a short back and sides. i have thick dark hair. i'm 27.

i've tried brylcreem and yardley's lavender pomade.

edit: doh! can a mod make it a poll?

I bought some of the yardleys lavender pomade Derek- that stuff smells awesome and really shines!! You owe it to yourself to try some Groom and Clean though:thumbup1:

I've used G&C after applying some Vitalis. G&C made the Vitalis unneccessary because it has great hold along with the shine. I really like Vitalis and its old school scent, but I just can't figure out what hair tonic actually is supposed to do. It does kind of tame my hair after shampooing, but as I said G&C is all I really need.

Top Bottom