What's new

7 O'Clock Sharpedge (yellow) and 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (blue)

Is anyone using both? Or compared them, preferably in an EJ89? I am having a hard time finding that much differentation, and am looking for opinions. Or I can go on experimenting forever!!!!!

I have small quantities of the SharpEdge (yellow) and Super Platinum (black, India). I find the Super Platinum is a tad sharper, but the SharpEdge is notably smoother. Once I dwindle down some of my stock from blade testing, the SharpEge will likely be one of the blades I buy in bulk for longterm use. Testing was done in a Gillette Super Adjustable set to 3 and later in a Lord LP1822L, both with the same results.

I use both in my EJ and I find the Blues to be a bit smoother and sharper for me.
Both are great blades. Before I discovered the Blues the Yellows were my go to.

I use both in my EJ and I find the Blues to be a bit smoother and sharper for me.

Thanks, Chris! The Blue I am testing (waiting for the fifth shave in the morning) is the one you so generously sent!

I find I like the Blues better which is a bit of a problem as I have 600 of the Yellows.

Anybody else suspect the Blues are the Super Iridiums repackaged?

I find I like the Blues better which is a bit of a problem as I have 600 of the Yellows.

Anybody else suspect the Blues are the Super Iridiums repackaged?

Not yet; I can get seven good shaves from my SIs. We'll see how the Blues do!

Agree that the Blue Super Platinums are sharper and smoother than the Yellows. Mine were compared in an HD.

IMO I don't think they are Super Iridiums re-packaged. I (luckily, I guess) was never a big SI fan, but I really like the Blues so far.

REALLY? I guess I'll have to try them, the latest 3 cartons of Shark I just got notwithstanding. :001_unsur

Had #5 this morning; going for #6 tomorrow. Think that will be the end. The Yellows I used went to six, as well, but weren't as smooth toward the end as the Blues have been. Still no pulling or tugging.

Wulfgar, what razor did you use the Iridiums in? And what razor are you using with the Super Platinums? Thanks, John

I used the Iridiums in a Gillette NEW and an Old Type. I have been using the Super Platinums in a NEW, a Rocket, an Adjustable... pretty much everything.

I used the Iridiums in a Gillette NEW and an Old Type. I have been using the Super Platinums in a NEW, a Rocket, an Adjustable... pretty much everything.

Thanks, Wulfgar. I use the Iridiums in both my EJ89 and 40s Superspeed where they work very well. Interestingly, the 7 O'Clock Sharpedge were much smoother in my EJ than my Superspeed.

Finished shave #6 this morning with my Blue Super Platinum! The shave was nice enough, but believe the blade is finished. No tugging or pulling, but not quite as close. The 7 O'Clock Super Platinum Russian blues are keepers for me!!

I'm comparing in an HD 34C, but I find the Blues to be smoother. Less tugging and the cutting doesn't sound as "loud".

And the blues last at least four or five shaves for me in my EJ.
I usually only get two or three with the yellows.

And as I recall, they're the same price, no?

Ah, but I had such a sweet shave this morning with a fresh Shark SC in my Feather Popular.

Damn you to hell, RBAD! :angry:

Top Bottom