What's new

giorgio armani acqua di gio

My wife purchased a bottle of giorgio armani acqua di gio for fathers day.:biggrin: I have to say I haven't been impressed at all. No matter how much I use or where I put it, it doesn't seem to last and in an hour I just can't smell it at all. It seem very faint to me. Anyone else have an opinion of this EDT?

Thanks in advance,
Ron

Light and pleasant, but I concur on the short longevity, and it is worn by at least half the teenage population in most areas. It can probably be considered a classic, being that over 10 years after its introduction it is still a top seller, but I don't find it to be a must-have.

I gave my last bottle of it away to my 16-year old brother, who loves it.

Pleasant enough but doesn't have enough presence for me. For me it's Antaeus or Trumper's Curzon, or Ungaro III - scents not easily confused with bath soap.

A nice scent but entirely too common now. If you're not satisfied, you could sell it or trade it. I'm sure someone wants it.

-Allen

I'm not sure how I would go about it but I may be willing to just decant it and spread it around to others that want to try it. I don't know how my wife would feel out that though. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll look into it and decide based on interest and of course my wifes response.

If you are looking for a scent that is similar you may want to try Truefitt & Hill 1805. This scent will last a good 6-7 hours. If your budget is tight try Tabac Culture. It is very similar and lasts quite awhile for under $20. Charles at qed sells it. It's one of my son's favorites.

I dunno, maybe it's just my skin chemistry, but one spritz from the fragrance counter tester usually lasts me at least 3-4 hours... not to mention the fact that, at least from what I've read, if you can still smell your own cologne after about an hour, you've used too much.

I personally would love a full bottle of AdG, but there's other priorities, like food, light, and heat. :biggrin:

Mike in Michigan

I have Acqua di Giò (it's quite appreciated here in Italy) and I have to say that, in my humble opinion, it has a nice scent and, on my skin, it lasts for some hours...
Worth the price!

AdG is a synthetic headache. Some guy in my building wears it and I can smell it in the hallway hours after he's been there.

If you are looking for a scent that is similar you may want to try Truefitt & Hill 1805. This scent will last a good 6-7 hours. If your budget is tight try Tabac Culture. It is very similar and lasts quite awhile for under $20. Charles at qed sells it. It's one of my son's favorites.

1805 smells ten times better than Aqua di Gio, at least. Not even in the same galaxy.

I have Acqua di Giò (it's quite appreciated here in Italy) and I have to say that, in my humble opinion, it has a nice scent and, on my skin, it lasts for some hours...
Worth the price!
+1

It's an extremely nice and well-blended scent. It's just gained a certain reputation here because so many people use it (especially young adults).

It lasts a reasonably long time for me. I don't wear it much, because, like the others have said, it's very common. But still,l like it, and it's a nice summer scent, IMO.

Top Bottom