What's new

Wetshave in Kansas City, MO

I moved to Kansas City, MO in September of last year from the DC area. Although I found a fantastic barber, the place he works in does not do wet shaves nor does he know of any that do. Do any of you know a place in or near KC where one can get a nice shave?

Thanks,
Patrick

I'm interested in this as well. I'm in Lawrence, which is just a quick trip from KC (MO or KS). There are several old barbershops downtown here, and I know that some of them used to do straight shaves, but I don't think they have for a while now. I might stop by and at least ask sometime.

Here is the address for C&E:

Oak Park Mall
11771 W. 95th Street
Overland Park, KS 66214

It is fairly to close to KC

Thanks for the heads up about Crabtree & Evelyn. I didn't know it existed in the Oak Park mall. I drive past it almost every day. I will definitely stop in some time.

Also a fantastic place to shop for supplies is Diebel's Sporting Goods on the Plaza. They carry razors, brushes, soaps, creme, fragrance, knives, flasks, cigars and more. A real man haven for the overly estrogen fest which is shopping on the Plaza.

Hi Marlowe. Well if you like Diebel's(and who doesn't?)head over to 511 Nichols Road and check out the L'occitane store. Yep, a full on L'occitane store with all the mens products. Another place that has some T&H creams and the hard soap is "Pinstripes" which is at the corner of 48th and Pennsylvania on the plaza. I think that address is right. It is right across from O'Dowd's Little Dublin public house so you can't miss it.

For the original poster, I don't know of any barbers offering shaves in K.C. but surely there is at least one. I will make a few calls around town to see what is available here in Lawrence. If nothing else you guys need to come to town to visit Free State Brewery. Besides some fantastic beers, the culinary efforrts are wonderful as well.

Regards, Todd

Also a fantastic place to shop for supplies is Diebel's Sporting Goods on the Plaza. They carry razors, brushes, soaps, creme, fragrance, knives, flasks, cigars and more. A real man haven for the overly estrogen fest which is shopping on the Plaza.

Thanks for the info here. I am going to be in KC for the weekend. My wife is craving some Arthur Bryants, so a little weekend getaway for her birthday.

if you all go to kansas city and run into Tina Grant, tell her the shoeshine boy says hello....

don;t know who tina is ???? too bad....nice young lady....:001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

you wouldn;t forget her....

mark the shoeshine boy

For the original poster, I don't know of any barbers offering shaves in K.C. but surely there is at least one. I will make a few calls around town to see what is available here in Lawrence. If nothing else you guys need to come to town to visit Free State Brewery. Besides some fantastic beers, the culinary efforrts are wonderful as well.

Agreed 100%. I reserved a small party room there for a few hours to start off my 21st birthday a couple weeks ago, and they were fantastic to us. Great beers, delicious food, and wonderful service. Usually crowded and loud on a weekend evening, but it's much more mild over the summer with most of the students gone.

Hey Kyle. Head over there on Wednesdays for lunch. Only at Wednesday lunch will you find the Ciabatta French dip sandwich available. A gastronomical delight. Partner this with one of the sweeter, maltier beers like Ad Astra and you've got a winner on your hands.

Regards, Todd

Hi Marlowe. Well if you like Diebel's(and who doesn't?)head over to 511 Nicholas Road and check out the L'occitane store. Yep, a full on L'occitane store with all the mens products. Another place that has some T&H creams and the hard soap is "Pinstripes" which is at the corner of 48th and Pennsylvania on the plaza. I think that address is right. It is right across from O'Dowd's Little Dublin public house so you can't miss it.

Thanks for the tip regarding L'occitane. That's the one store I must have missed when I lived on the Plaza. Given that the folks are in town, some shopping is definitely in order. Plus it gives me an excuse to hit the Plaza III, nothing like a good meal after a day of getting more stuff for the face.

Hi Alan. I believe it was early October of 2006. When we were there in November, it had only been open "for a few weeks" according to the lady at the counter. I love going to that store. It's just south of Brio restaurant on the Southside of Nichols Rd. The candles, incense and edt's make it a smorgesbord for the scent lover. We're heading to River Market saturday and a trip south to the plaza is in order. There are some items on sale at L'occitane that are coming home with me.

Regards, Todd

Top Bottom