What's new

How tough are you ?

I have posted on this forum that I have a tough beard and I assumed that I did. Of course I have never shaved anyone but me so there was no comparison on which to base the assumption. Since reading posts related to razors and blades and the experience of those using them I have determined that I have moderately coarse whiskers and my beard is not so tough after all. That is a good thing though. I can usually get bbs in two passes and on days when I am pressed for time one pass is sufficient for an acceptable shave.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I have determined that I have moderately coarse whiskers and my beard is not so tough after all.

A Slant Razor Using, Extreme Bike Riding, Tattoo Artist who inflicts PAIN daily on his clientele (is it fun drawing on beautiful women?) Admits to being not so tough.....Jimmy you are truly in touch.....

A Slant Razor Using, Extreme Bike Riding, Tattoo Artist who inflicts PAIN daily on his clientele (is it fun drawing on beautiful women?) Admits to being not so tough.....Jimmy you are truly in touch.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny what we find out about ourselves on this board.....:biggrin:

AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jeez Mike, that guy looks like he fell face first into my neighbour's tackle box!!!!

I would say I have a pretty tough beard, I know I'm still a newbie, but still I think by my beard is unusually tough. First pass with the grain usually looks like I haven't shaved, second pass across the grain still have a shadow, third pass almost against the grain pretty close, I usually have to add another pass or do several touch up spots and thats with the 38C aka "sledge hammer" :lol:

I don't feel a lot of guy's whiskers, so I don't know how tough I am comparatively speaking, but I do know that if I rub my hand against the grain on my neck 24 hours after shaving, it hurts my hand quite a bit. My friend referred to me as razor face.

I'm pretty sure they could make a decent razor blade out of my facial hair.

Right now, with a 24 hour stubble, my beard has the same roughness as 400 grit sandpaper. It could remove skin layers if rubbed against.

Right now, with a 24 hour stubble, my beard has the same roughness as 400 grit sandpaper. It could remove skin layers if rubbed against.

I have a very tough beard as well. 24 hours later, similar to Patrick.

I am, however, blessed with fairly hearty skin. I do 4 passes with touchups and rarely have skin irritation at this point. If I'm shaving two days in a row, two passes will generally suffice, with a few touchups.

I have very rough beard and the growth seems to be getting faster the more i shave. I can shave in the evening and i have to shave again in the morning.

Top Bottom