What's new

Restoring an AOS Best Badger - Knot is Fine, but Handle is knot

Gentlmen -

I have a good AOS best badger brush that's been dropped several times. The handle was not very ergonomic to begin with. However, the knot is in good shape, and I'd like to replace the handle. I'm looking for instructions on replacing a bad handle, or better still, someone who is interested in doing this for me. Seriously, PM me or direct me to the proper web page for doing it myself. Thanks to all who respond.

Steve G

i dont think anything besides destroying the handle will get the knot out... unless its set using sticky tack. whats the handle made of again?

I believe it is acrylic.The handle is already ruined IMO. If it must be destroyed, then so be it, but the knot is good, so if there is a way to do it, I'm interested. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks
Steve

large hammer and some pliers i guess. and maybe a dremmel to cleen the knot up after your done taking your frustration out on the handle. and your gona have to have some epoxy and a replacement handle.

I may be mistaken, but I think I remember seeing that Rudy Vey has done some transplanting of knots into new handles. You might check with him about it. Also, just out of curiosity, what brush is it? Depending upon the brush, it may not be worth it, unless you're really attached to the knot, to transplant it.

I may be mistaken, but I think I remember seeing that Rudy Vey has done some transplanting of knots into new handles. You might check with him about it. Also, just out of curiosity, what brush is it? Depending upon the brush, it may not be worth it, unless you're really attached to the knot, to transplant it.

It is the AOS best badger brush in faux ivory acrylic. It might not be worth it I agree, but I'll keep it anyway. Thanks everyone for the responses.

Top Bottom