What's new

It's all here, time to check into the addict ward

Thank you to all for helping me become addicted... Everything finished shipping today, and there's even a funny story. I ordered my Best Badger brush from C&E, but was worried that it was not going to show up before the weekend, so I frantically searched on google to find a brick and mortar store that sold the tweezerman brush in my area, San Francisco. I found a store and during my lunch, jumped on MUNI and got the brush... Only to find later in the day, the box from C&E sitting in my apartment... So yes, the addiction has started, haven't even lathered up once and I've already got two brushes!!!

Now I'm off to watch Mantic's videos....again, and practice a little lathering before bedtime so I can shave in the morning. Not going to pick up the Merkur HD yet, going to wait until the weekend when it won't matter how my face looks the morning of the first DE shave!!! The last few days with the mach3!!! Good timing too, i'm on my last blade with it!

My collection...so far. Merkur HD, C&E Best Badger, Tweezerman Deluxe, Blade Sampler Pack, AOS Lavender Cream (got 3 tubs, go go Amazon super sale!), Nivea Aftershave balm. (anything else I need? I'm trying to get over to Whole Foods to pick up some Thayer's Witch Hazel... lack of car makes that more difficult!). Oh, and yes, the brown coffee cup courtesy of Ross (yeah, best 99 cents ever!).

proxy.php

AOS Lavender Cream (got 3 tubs, go go Amazon super sale!),

I ordered mine moments after saladbar2000 posted the info and I still haven't received mine. Where the heck do you live that you got yours already? I am in California. They show estimated delivery date of the 29th... that is like 12 days shipping time... that is BS if you ask me.

I ordered mine moments after saladbar2000 posted the info and I still haven't received mine. Where the heck do you live that you got yours already? I am in California. They show estimated delivery date of the 29th... that is like 12 days shipping time... that is BS if you ask me.

I'm an amazon prime member so I got free 2 day shipping, but I totally understand where you are coming from. I had one item I ordered from Amazon ship 4 months after placing my order. I kept getting "shipment delayed" e-mails. Sorry about your shipment woes :frown:

edit: I live in San Francisco

edit edit: Anyone used Nancy Boy shaving cream? Their brick and mortar store is located about 6 blocks from where I'm sitting right now and I was thinking about heading over there this weekend to see what's up with their shaving cream...

My AOS order is due to arrive the 28th. Received the shipping notice today. Oh, when you get to Whole Foods, check out the Kiss My Face lineup and Tom's of Main shaving creams. Great stuff.

Randy

Now that's the way to dive headfirst into the collective. Nancy Boy store only 6 blocks away? Hmmmmmmm.......

Actually, there have been excellent reports about their signature shave cream so get to stepping!

Marty

Welcome! As for addiction... here's where we usually all chime in with Marty and say: RESISTANCE IS FUTILE... :a51:

Ahhh, the joys of a new wetshaver. You're approaching a sensual, yet someties curvy path. Slow down, plan ahead, and your travels shall lead you to BBS land. Good luck. :)

looks like a great starter setup! I can't wait until I get paid next week so I can upgrade!

1st things on my hit-list... a better brush and some good shaving cream!:001_smile

Welcome to B&B, er, Goofy? Do you really want us to call you that? Whatever, you've got a really good starting kit. The Tweezerman can be used now and then for a change, and also as a travel brush. Two bits of advice for Saturday's first shave. Unless you have a fairly soft, thin beard, skip the Merkur blade in favor of the Derby. Secondly, consider corking the blade first, see (or at least skim through) the near-record-setting thread here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20396

And have a great shave!

6 blocks from NB, must be nice. You won't be disappointed adding it to your collection.

Definitely one of my top 5 creams, and my favorite scent. I'll be shaving w/it tomorrow.

Ordered 2 tubs of AOS, 1 tub 1600 for men, and one AOS sandalwood soap in bowl from Amazon on Saturday and received it yesterday. I live in TX.

~Joshua

Welcome to B&B, er, Goofy? Do you really want us to call you that? Whatever, you've got a really good starting kit. The Tweezerman can be used now and then for a change, and also as a travel brush. Two bits of advice for Saturday's first shave. Unless you have a fairly soft, thin beard, skip the Merkur blade in favor of the Derby. Secondly, consider corking the blade first, see (or at least skim through) the near-record-setting thread here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20396

And have a great shave!

Haha, yeah, you can call me Mike. Old old old screen name that stuck with me for a long time.

And yeah, I've got a thick beard, was thinking about starting with something other than the Merkur, so, Derby it is!

Haha, yeah, you can call me Mike. Old old old screen name that stuck with me for a long time.

And yeah, I've got a thick beard, was thinking about starting with something other than the Merkur, so, Derby it is!
You should click on the "User CP" button and set up your signature, and also join the "Hall of Fame".

Welcome to Badger and Blade Mike,

You remind me of me when I was thinking of buying a DSLR. I was salivating over the lenses before I even had a camera to mount them to! I never did buy the camera....This is a much better "hobby" anyway.

The Nancy Boy (Signature) one of my favorite shave creams. The lather comes together really quickly for me. The scent is really nice. It doesn't leave my skin dry. It's everything you could want from a shave cream.

I didn't care as much for the Cucumber replenishing shave cream, tho.

Top Bottom