What's new

*Brush War* Contender list is growing....

Several firms have contacted me in regards to this comparison - one NEW brushmaker I have not yet experienced, and several of the "big boys"- so there is a GOOD chance this test may become even MORE comprehensive! Should be incredibly interesting!

Cool!

In the interest of getting good statistical sampling, I am sure we will be passing these brushes around? :rolleyes: :wink: :cool:

Scotto said:
Cool!

In the interest of getting good statistical sampling, I am sure we will be passing these brushes around? :rolleyes: :wink: :cool:

Realistically by supplying each member of this board with brushes and creams, they should be able to claim their results are within 3% of the truth :rolleyes: :biggrin: :tongue:

KUJO said:
Realistically by supplying each member of this board with brushes and creams, they should be able to claim their results are within 3% of the truth :rolleyes: :biggrin: :tongue:

Mathematically speaking, giving all of us 2 of each item would improve that number to 1.5%!:biggrin:

So far as of 6:25AM PST the contender are as follows....

1.) Simpson PJ3 "Super"
2.) Plisson Burlwood "White"
3.) Savile Row 3824 "Finest Silvertip"
4.) Kent BK4 "Silvertip"
5.) Vulfix 2235 "Silvertip"
6.) Superior Brushes Mid size "Super"

Hopefully we'll get a suitable example from Shavemac, Edwin Jagger as well as Rooney, but so far it looks like we've got the most comprehensive test ever composed in the makings! Should be VERY, VERY interesting. I have not seen an in depth review/comparison of the Vulfix Silvertip VS the other "high end" silvertip brushes, so it should be quite interesting to see how it compares! Also - The Kent is proported to be an absolute gem of a hard soap shaving brush, so it should be fascinating to see which contenders excel in particular areas!

Too much excitement!

joel said:
So far as of 6:25AM PST the contender are as follows....

1.) Simpson PJ3 "Super"
4.) Kent BK4 "Silvertip"

Hopefully we'll get a suitable example from Shavemac, Edwin Jagger as well as Rooney, but so far it looks like we've got the most comprehensive test ever composed in the makings! Should be VERY, VERY interesting. I have not seen an in depth review/comparison of the Vulfix Silvertip VS the other "high end" silvertip brushes, so it should be quite interesting to see how it compares! Also - The Kent is proported to be an absolute gem of a hard soap shaving brush, so it should be fascinating to see which contenders excel in particular areas!

Too much excitement!

7:20AM Update....

7.) Shavemac 24mm "Silvertip"

8:02AM update!

1.) Simpson PJ3 "Super"
4.) Kent BK4 "Silvertip"
7.) Shavemac 24mm "Silvertip"
8.) Edwin Jagger Silvertip

Also as a side note, the fine folks at Edwin Jagger are going to compose a letter on how their brushes are made, etc.

All we need now is Rooney (I suppose I could use my prototype if needed), and we got pretty much all the big dogs.

:mad:

Are you guys joking about my Tweezerman ! its a very lovely Brush specially when lathering up the balls/Pubic Area. Hence thats all its good for Id think, :biggrin:

Seriously It did shed a bit of hairs but now is a pretty stable brush, but Ive come to the point I'd think my lathering skills demand something better so Ive been over all the reviews of brushes and came to the result of my first pro brush will be the Kent BK8.

I will look forward to using it and glaring at it so nice. :001_rolle

I am trying to get ahold of 2-3 other brands to make this an even more comprehensive test. Depending on what I dig up, I might buy a couple more, just to make this pretty much all encompassing.

Men-U has now entered the comparison with their high end "synthetic" bristled brush. Should be mighty interesting to see how it compares with the "silvertips" of the world!

So far the list is as follows... (hope I don't forget anyone!)

1.) Simpsons PJ3 super
2.) Plisson Euro-White
3.) Kent BK4 silvertip
4.) Savile row 3824 Finest Silvertip
5.) Edwin Jagger silvertip
6.) R.A. Rooney finest
7.) Muehle Pinsel silvertip
8.) Shavemac Silvertip
9.) Superior Brushes Super
10.) Vulfix Silvetip
11.) Men-U Synthetic

By the explicit request of several members - I contacted Enchate in regards to this test, and they responded by saying the V200 was not meant to compare to other brushes - as it is built for a specific purpose, and for that purpose only.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up....

Cest la vie.

joel said:
By the explicit request of several members - I contacted Enchate in regards to this test, and they responded by saying the V200 was not meant to compare to other brushes - as it is built for a specific purpose, and for that purpose only.

Cest la vie.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joel said:

Cest la vie.

And here I thought the "specific purpose" of all of my shaving brushes was to whip up lather and apply it my face. :001_rolle Maybe I should stop using my Savile Row silvertip to scrub pots, paint trim, brush my teeth....

Mike

dubes said:
And here I thought the "specific purpose" of all of my shaving brushes was to whip up lather and apply it my face. :001_rolle Maybe I should stop using my Savile Row silvertip to scrub pots, paint trim, brush my teeth....

Mike

HAHAHAHAHAH :lol:

Top Bottom