What's new

sharper blade than Derby's

Brian, do you work for Suffolkspares? It seems you have posted quite a bit about them lately.

No. I have a full time job running a British Army Conference Centre in Germany. I have no commercial interest in Suffolkspares (except I am waiting for him to dispatch a Slant to me)

I am interested to try the Silver Blues sold by

http://www.suffolkspares.co.uk/silverblue.html

Paul rates them sharper than Swedes, and they are a good bit cheaper.

But its all very personal. The only ones I have found sharp enough so far are the Swedes and the Feathers.

Have you tried Tescos own brand? They are my second best. Boots sell the same blade with their own name on it, but charge more.

I shall pick up some Tesco blades tomorrow :thumbup1:

Already using the Swede Gillettes from a suffolksupplies sample pack.

I am told only the larger stores have them. I got mine in Wokingham.

I will look around.

I find it quite amusing that a fairly highly regarded blade in the DE shaving world is an own brand of a common UK supermarket. Proves the point that expense certainly doesn't necessarily mean quality. Like the Proraso shaving range.

But if you can't find them buy a pack of Boots Own Brand - same blades - 40p more. Hardly matters just for a sample.

But if you can't find them buy a pack of Boots Own Brand - same blades - 40p more. Hardly matters just for a sample.

Many thanks for this info - there is a boots near to where I work so I shall drop in tomorrow and pick some up.

V

VR6ofpain

I'm still quite new to this, but I believe the Derby IS the sharpest blade next to a Feather. Also, while I do like Merkur blades, I believe Derby's are quite a bit sharper.
Ya I found the Merkur blades very dull compared to Derby's.

in my opinion sharpest blades are :

1. Feather
2. Blue Gillette (I also have a pack of so called Swedish Gillette but I didn't try it yet...)
3. IP
4. Dorco
5. Tesco
6. Derby
7. Merkur
8. Wilkinson (Germany)

Yes, I saw those - the packaging looks the same. The steel of the Tesco blade has no markings whatsoever.

Can anyone confirm the Shaving Shack baldes are the same as the Boots/Tescos?

The blades look identical in every way.

I'm not experienced enough yet to do a true side by side shave comparison

Top Bottom