What's new

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps

After reading good things about Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps I purchased 6 of the bar soaps. Free shipping on orders of $20.00 or more.

How well do these lather for use in the shower & do they last, or do they disintergrate over a short period of time.

Regards,

I use Dr Bronners soaps. I really like them. Actually, I prefer them. Ive used the peppermint and lavender. They make terrific lather and last at least or longer than store bought soaps such as Lifeboy, Irish Spring, etc.
You wont be disappointed.
enjoy
dwight

here's the website, for you lurkers...
http://www.drbronner.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DBMS&Category_Code=BAR

Thanks Dwight for the info...you answered my questions & not as concerned now as I was when I ordered 6 of them. (was after the free shipping)!!

Regards,

I just bought a six-pack of Peppermint too -- I hope it lives up to the reviews I've been reading.

BTW, are there any B&M stores that sell Bronner products?

Amazon has them for 17.00 per six-pack, then free shipping over $25.00, so it might be cheaper to get if you intend on purchasing a couple of items from them.

I just bought a six-pack of Peppermint too -- I hope it lives up to the reviews I've been reading.

BTW, are there any B&M stores that sell Bronner products?

You should be able to find them at Whole Foods and Wild Oats as well as the the 'organic' sections of some chain grocery stores.

You should be able to find them at Whole Foods and Wild Oats as well as the the 'organic' sections of some chain grocery stores.

Okay, thanks -- I just checked GNC and they carry items on the website, so maybe the stores have some as well. They're a lot closer than WF and WO for me.

The peppermint is great, tons of scent and cleans great. Be careful around sensitive areas, you may feel a bit more than just a tingle.

I'm currently using Peppermint liquid soap in the shower. It has a great cooling feeling...nice for summer. But am I the only one that finds it drying...even this time of year? I'm afraid it will be to drying in Winter. It leaves my skin a little flaky.

Is there a similar soap that is more moisturizing?

Thx,
Jim

I'm currently using Peppermint liquid soap in the shower. It has a great cooling feeling...nice for summer. But am I the only one that finds it drying...even this time of year? I'm afraid it will be to drying in Winter. It leaves my skin a little flaky.

Is there a similar soap that is more moisturizing?

Thx,
Jim

You may want to try Kirk's Castile Soap. I use Dr. Bronner's and Kirk's. The Kirks doesn't cost as much, but doesn't last as long either.

Hand's down, the package on Dr. Bronner's is a lot more fun to read. That's what got me interested in trying it in the first place way back in college.

I usually used body wash. Mostly Old Spice, Adidas Adrenaline (in the tube, not the scrubbing kind), and a few from Avon like Driven and Mezmerize which are marvelous. Hey laugh if ya want, Avon makes some good stuff sometimes!

However I think I've made the switch over to using mostly Dr. Bronner's. I use the Peppermint and Eucalyptus scents in the bar form. I actually find that I get better lather (using a poofy thing) and more longevity out of one of these bars that costs the same or less than a good body wash. They are widely available as well, I buy all mine at GNC (General Nutrition Center at any mall). Hemp is very beneficial for the skin, I just wish that they'd incorporate it more into men's skin care. A high quality product at a good price all the way.

But if you DO like bodywash, I still recommend the aforementioned ones! The Mezmerize is aptly named!

Allen

Top Bottom