What's new

blades

Ontario,
This is so funny. I had been corking blades for about a month before I started the thread. I kept doing it with great results, so I had to ask if anyone else on this board was doing it. Again, I got the idea from the SMF board, but I hadn't read anyone here doing it. I had to share my results.
Doing this literally saved me from scrapping this DE thing all together. The first shaves with a new blade would set a bad tone for the rest of the week. Why should I put myself through that? Is this why I went to DE shaving? My skin complexion was getting bad from the DE scraping, along with the minor nicks from a new Feather. This cured all of it. You know, say what you want about the Gillette products, but there is one thing one can count on: quality control and consistency. A Mach 3 blade today is a Mach 3 blade tomorrow. You KNOW what you are getting. Do we really know what we are getting from some DE blade made in Turkey? Russia? My God. Some of these Feather blades felt as though they PURPOSELY put burrs on them, made in Japan with a laser or not. And it has nothing to do with getting technique down. It doesn't take a man to put one these blades to your face if you can do something about it. A lot of these blades are just plain bad. I'm glad it has helped people. I suppose it's nice to share something that has helped so many.

It may well be that Feathers are just not the blade for you. Try some other brands. Two that I've found that work for me (though perhaps not for you: YMMV): made-in-England Wilkinsons and Astra Super Platinum. But continue explorations beyond the sampler pack, if you must, to find a blade that feels right for you. IMHO, corking would be a last resort. Better to find a blade that works right out of the box. (I assume that you did go through the blade sampler pack, and that the Feathers came closest to what you want.)

Top Bottom