What's new

I never, ever, ever thought a shaving soap could smell or lather like this!

I just tried Mama Bear's soaps!:thumbup: :thumbup:

Okay, I could go on for about half an hour singing the praises of this shockingly great soap. But I don't have the time right now and you have all read tons about this stuff, and most of you have probably tried it too.

I just got two soaps in the mail. Lavender and also Rosemary Mint. I will be giving the Lavendar as a gift. I used the Rosemary Mint this morning and I was transported into another dimension. I am sure I will be buying more soon.

I hope that Mama Bear is not reading this next part... but let me say this...

Quality in a shaving product like this normally comes from Britian or Europe and costs about 5 times the price. But that's the beauty of the "long tail market" on the internet.

Anyway, I am simply stunned by the quality, beauty, perfomance, and value of these soaps.:biggrin1: :thumbup: :smile: :biggrin:

Well, I shaved with my tub of Mama Bear Tuscan Memories cream (extra strong), this morning, and was pretty blown away. It doesn't produce quite the volume of lather that the more commercial creams do. But who needs big fluffy clouds hanging off their face? What it does produce is some of the thickest, richest, best performing lather I've ever seen. Amazing stuff. Got probably the best shave I've ever had this morning with it. And that smell.... Wow.... Heavenly.

Thanks Sue.

-Mo

And Mama Bear now makes shaving sticks as well. Give one of those a go.

I love the Vanilla Cream and the Turkish Mocha.

Oh yes, Mama Bear is a saint. Her soaps are fantastic in every catagory. My personal favorite thus far has been her Celestial Waters, as with all her soaps you get a supurb shave, but I just love this scent. So fresh and clean, yet fruity and floral all at the same time.

Mama Bear is almost always my soap of choice, and almost all I have left are soaps.

I am about to delve into soaps, but the choices are crazy - in a good way, that is. Mama Bear, The Gentlemen's Quarter, Honeybee, QED (I do have one of Charles's Sandalwood Shave Sticks), then of course the Brits.

I'll take one of each please...

When you die and go to heaven, it will smell of a Mama Bear fragrance.
OK, maybe I'm exaggerating just a tad, but not by much...

Mama Bear is the bestest. Her soaps give consistent lather, give me super close shaves, and the fragrances as mentioned...well, there's a fragrance for every nose, in her alchemy lab! :001_wub:

I'll take one of each please...

If only it was that easy, my friend. See, look at Mama Bear's list of soap fragrances, and tell me which ONE of hers you are gonna get. :devil:

The others have a slightly less staggering range of choices, but only slightly.

-Mo

Ha, I knew you were talking about Mama Bear soap just from the title of the thread. It really is great stuff, and you can't beat the price, especially on my budget.

If only it was that easy, my friend. See, look at Mama Bear's list of soap fragrances, and tell me which ONE of hers you are gonna get. :devil:

-Mo

I just looked!!

Alas, it looks like it won't be just ONE!!

How do you soap guys do it??

I think I'll just poke around here a bit and see who likes what, and order up a few.

And to think I spent $34.99 plus shipping on a pot of Coates from Pasteurs last week. And it wasn't even the Coates of old.

Alas, it looks like it won't be just ONE!!

How do you soap guys do it??

What types of scents do you like? Maybe we can tailor some suggestions to your general preferences.

If a fresh, outdoorsy scent appeals to you, I heartily recommend the Tuscan Memories blend. It is dominated by pine and mint, to my nose, and is about the best scent I can imagine waking up to. The pine is very outdoorsy, and the mint makes it really fresh and crisp. And being all essential oils, it hasn't the slightest hint of artificial character.

-Mo

What types of scents do you like? Maybe we can tailor some suggestions to your general preferences.

If a fresh, outdoorsy scent appeals to you, I heartily recommend the Tuscan Memories blend. It is dominated by pine and mint, to my nose, and is about the best scent I can imagine waking up to. The pine is very outdoorsy, and the mint makes it really fresh and crisp. And being all essential oils, it hasn't the slightest hint of artificial character.

-Mo

Best MB scent IMO. I haven't smelled the new forumlation, but the old Giovanni's Tuscan Memories is to die for.

I'd like to see an authentic Gardenia and Jasmine.
Maybe even a Gardenia/Jasmine blend? But not artificial...use the essential oil.
I'm not sure what they would smell like, but I like the scent of those flowers.:biggrin:

-Mo

Actually, I'm considering adding a walk in closet to my bathroom.:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :thumbup1:

-Mo

Great description Mo. Tuscan Memories it is. If you were to describe each MB soap in as much interesting detail you did the Tuscan, my search would be easy!

After pouring over the MB site, Rosemary Mint, Maraurders Citrus, Cedarwood & Lemon, Turkish Mocha, Mayan Gold and Tuscan Memories might just round out my first order.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Great description Mo. Tuscan Memories it is. If you were to describe each MB soap in as much interesting detail you did the Tuscan, my search would be easy!

After pouring over the MB site, Rosemary Mint, Maraurders Citrus, Cedarwood & Lemon, Turkish Mocha, Mayan Gold and Tuscan Memories might just round out my first order.

Oh yeah, Cedarwood & Lemon!! Do yourself a really big favour and add at least one of Bonsai and Elements of Bamboo. I love those.

Top Bottom