What's new

Military Razors and sets

I've been trying to search around on both here and the internet on the standard issue razors for different countries during major wars. American razors and sets are pretty easy to find information on but other countries such as Germany, Russia, Australia etc. are very hard to find. I'd like to maybe get some information together for maybe a sticky or maybe information for Mr-razor to put on his site. I've seen his military section but it is very limited.

So for all you out there anybody have any information on some Military/War razors or even maybe you have the razors themselves? If so please post pictures!

i think that some Australian diggers were issued the 40s British techs. not sure if it was true a member of the family said about it he was around that time but never served. this is a russian shave brush of ww2 not sure if it is true. US in WW1 had old type khaki and Navy sets in ww2 i know they had the Gem junior and i also saw a valet autostrop stamped property of US army.

Last edited:
Fascinating question. . .

I can only suggest areas to research: there's the French Service Sets of WWII which included the made-in-England Gillette NEW. I've seen razors on eBay with (supposed) UK MOD markings on the head.

Now over to the experts. . .

Top Bottom