What's new

still searching for pipe tobacco shave soap scent

I'm looking for a nice cavendish scent. No cherry or vanilla. Anybody have any recommendations of who might sell some?

I would even consider a cigar smoke scented shave soap

The Gentlemen's Quarter offers Cavendish Black. But Colleen has been closed for a bit. I'll send her a note and see if I can get an update.

Randy

Charismata used to make a cherry pipe tobacco soap. It is a decent soap that smells great. If you like cherry pipe tobacco scent.

The Gentlemen's Quarter offers Cavendish Black. But Colleen has been closed for a bit. I'll send her a note and see if I can get an update.

Randy
Good stuff there. It was one of my first soaps when I started with the straight razor. I hadn't heard that she closed up.... damn shame if she isn't making anymore soaps.

I've been looking for the same thing and been very much less than impressed with everything I have tried which includes just about everything mentioned above. The black cavendish was the worst of them all and nothing at all like real tobacco.

FWIW, I did after sampling hundreds of frags find THE pipe tobacco scent in Odori Tabacco. You can get samples from Lucky Scent. It's $$$ stuff, but certainly smells like the real deal.

Portland has the Tobbaco soap that is awesome, but i didnt find it like a tobacco at all in my opinion, i dont even know how to describe, it def a smoking cigar type smell at all... A manly clay scent more like, but smells great and performs great...IMO

This is a long shot and as scents are sometimes a bit subjective but; I find that Mama Bear's Vanilla Oleoresin reminds me of a non-aromatic english pipe tobacco. It doesn't smell like vanilla to me at all.

I smoke a pipe, Portland soap does have a tabbacco sent.
Like a mild Cavendish smell. From a light point.

Mama bears pipe tobacco maybe .

I got a sample, and to me, it smelled like cherry cough drops. For what it's worth, I find most cherry tobaccos to smell like cough drops (and taste awful).
I have a tub of MBs Beau Brummel, which is supposed to be Black tea and tobacco, but as a fan of both, it smells to me of neither. That said, it smells really good, whatever it is.
Portland general Store has a Tobacco, but I've not tried it, and according to their site, it is being discontinued.

FWIW, there are huge variations in the smell of pipe tobacco. Most of the aromatics (artificially scented) smell like artificial and taste like burned tongue. But of the all natural stuff, there is still a ton of variation. One brand (McClelland IIRC) smells strongly of ketchup, but doesn' taste like it. My favorite virginas and virginia/perique blends tend to have a kind of figgy/date smell to them. In fact, if there were a fig scent out there, that might get kind of in the ballpark. English blends, on the other hand, have Latakia, which is cured over smoke, and they tend to smell kind of like barbecue.

Last edited:
Queen Charlotte Soaps (QCS) has a custom shave cream "Briar" that's a tobacco scent but it's definitely heavy on the cherry side. If you're interested all you have to do is shoot them an e-mail.

I just ordered a puck of "Pipe Tobacco" from Mr. Kitty's Soap Shop. Interested in how it's going to smell/perform. here's the description of the scent, "Our Pipe Tobacco scented shaving soap is a mellow, woodsy scent like fine pipe tobacco or just cut tobacco leaves, with just a whiff of cherry wood – what you’d find in a gentleman’s library."

Honeybee Soaps had a pipe tobacco scented shave puck and stick. I would have to go to her website to see if she still sells that scent but I would think she still does.

Straight Razor Designs has a very good, pure Cavendish pipe tobacco fragrance in their shaving soap. I'm currently working my way through an entire tub from new to finish, and am 15 shaves through it. It is a great soap. Pure, simple, easy, and effective.

Top Bottom