What's new

cheapo razors!

There seems to be quite a few de razors around at the moment that are cheap to buy, e bay has them all the time, and vendors stock them, so, not including any vintage des, what cheap (and I mean cheap), de have you bought that has surprised you and given you a great, or adequate shave?

I have had excellent luck with the Lord L6. It replaced several other razors as my daily shaver. It is also nearly blade agnostic, other than a handful I've tried like Derby, Dorco, Treet, etc. Well worth $10.75 on Amazon.

Just bought a no name de from India on ebay for 1p + £3.99 postage with twenty blades.

I've only had a few shaves so far and all have been more than adequate. I like it and it's a keeper, which is more than I can say about my, now someone else's, fatboy.

It is a fairly mild shaver but armed with a feather it's pretty efficient.

The only stamp I can see on it is a "A" under the base plate.

Just stuck up some pics here

I was pleasantly surprised by how good my Weishi was.

I really like my Weishi and I find myself lately reaching for it more than twice a week.

There are some really lousy ones from China as well, I hear.

I hear good things (mostly) about Lord 3-piece models and will probably buy one this summer.

Lord LP1822L for sure, best new $10 razor there probably is.

I think it's the best under $30 new razor period. It has given me many many wonderful quality shaves.

I think it's better than a Merkur, and only topped by some vintage Gillettes, the Edwin Jagger/ Muhle line, and of course the Feather All Stainless. :tongue_sm

Last edited:
The heavier Weishi models and the Lord 3 piece razors are great like any safety razor when paired with the right blade.

Adding my love for the Lord LP1822L. Best razor value out there. Perfect for travel because you don't sacrifice shave quality and you don't have to worry about losing it. As others have said, it's also good enough for every day.

The Weishi all aluminum model 2003 is as agressive as a Gillette. Much more than the heavier 9306 model. It sells for between 10$ and 12$. A very good razor.

Another shout for the Lord L6. It's my daily shave, and whilst I may well "upgrade" I know nothing will shave me better....and it will always be the razor I learnt with :thumbup1:

I have a Weishi 9306 as my daily shaver, I get great shaves and have yet to get a nick or cut or razor burn using it. I do do a 3 pass shave.

I have at my disposal a collection of 25 razors to use and the Weishi is the go to, hands down.

I would probably go with a vintage Gillette over a new cheap razor you can pick them up for about the same cost if you shop around.

Or even less in many cases, but I still prefer my Weishi. Have you tried one?

I don't know if you are asking me or not, I'm sure it's a nice shave but I boycott imported goods when ever possible, Plus using vintage is like recycling, I just feel better using vintage for many reasons.

Another vote for the Lord L6. Best 10 dollars I spent in a really long time. Buying anything else would simply be on an aesthetic level only with the exception of something collectable.

I don't know if you are asking me or not, I'm sure it's a nice shave but I boycott imported goods when ever possible, Plus using vintage is like recycling, I just feel better using vintage for many reasons.

I understand where you're coming from, I also try to boycott imported goods to a point, but seeing as no manufacturer here in the U.S. produces a DE razor I fail to see the issue. It has also gotten to the point where the Chinese are producing quality goods, case in point, quality cameras starting with N or C.

Last edited:
I know it just me trying to hang on to my old fashioned American values, the general feeling is it doesn't matter anymore. It's just saddens me to see what our world is becoming.

Definitely a fan of the LORD, but if you are man enough to try one, you will be amazed by the YUMA sold by bestshave. It will redefine 'aggressive' for you. The 'safety bars' are purely decorative. It is also by far the loudest razor I have ever used. They are made in Turkey, and cost $2.50:thumbup:

Top Bottom