What's new

organization

just wondering how everyone organizes there stuff. I don't just mean stand for brush and razor, im talkin about the whole layout i you get me. I'm only about a month into de shaving and already i have so much equipment. razor, blades, brush, alum block, styptic gel, after shaves, aftershave balms.
ordered a stand for brush and razor. anyone yous a little plate for the alum block or is it ok just left on sink? also anyone have a cool storage box or somethin. even the whole layout on sink.
Overall just interested in findin new ways to control amount of stuff im getting in.

This is my setup. I bought a mirror mount dual toothbrush holder from the Container Store and use that to store my razors. Underneath is my alum block in its case and my brush on its stand (which I intend to mount on the mirror soon). Next to that is my bowl which is holding two shaving creams I like to mix together (I normally face lather, so there's usually no bowl, just a tub of cream in it's place), and my Green tea/tea tree cream and shea butter, which I use as aftershave moisturizers. All on one side of the sink.

Blade packs and whatever products I'm not using at the time go in a cabinet I have in my bathroom (which you can slightly see in the mirror behind the razors).

Last edited:
I put a new shelf in the medicine cabinet which is fairly high and deep (the cabinet is high and deep). The added shelf doesn't intrude on the others one whit.

Underneath an existing shelf I put a piece of 1/16" aluminum that uses space that can't be used otherwise. I modified it with holes and slots to hold stuff, de-burred of course so as not to damage anything.

proxy.php

And below that is the glass shelf I added. It's difficult to see but my soap mugs (brown coffee cups) can be seen to the left, some soap sticks to the right of that, then odds and ends- blades and things that I don't need to get to everyday .

proxy.php

Last edited:
cheer for the link pjotr. will check it out, i like what you have done with the toothbrush holder. neat. thanks for replys. dont think my bathroom is big enough for new shelf, be too awkward. ill have a look tho thanks

I've got my stash split in two.
The hall closet has the bulk of it.
The stuff in the bathroom is just an embarrassment.
It's messy at best.

love the set up don. When i have my own bathroom im turning it into somethin like that. Ha so true what ye said about needing stuff. I cant stop adding stuff to my wish lists. If i had money id have a room full of stuff. Sounds strange but ever wish your stuff ran out so ye had a proper excuse to buy more haha.

proxy.php

I need to actually get some timber and make some shelves. I'm starting to accumulate too much stuff, lol. Colognes in the white cab, aftershave products on the lip near the ceiling above the vanity.

love the way ye made your own. adds more sentimental value to it. Ha sorry for spelling. Nice project for the summer

Wife bought me a cabinet for an anniversary present! She was shocked when it filled up, and NONE of the stuff came off the counter in the bathroom!! :) Now she has said she will clear some room in a drawer, so only my "essentials" should be out!!

I've got a new tackle box that I won't use for fishing that I'm considering putting everything in that doesn't need to dry out between uses. Then I'll just pull it out from under the sink and everything will stay organized, etc.

Top Bottom