What's new

Natural bristle brushes

strop

Now half as wise
The recent post question about the Kent military brushes reminded me I had picked this brush up, when I saw the Kent had natural bristles. I originally got this to use as a clothes brush, but now I'm wondering about using it for it's intended purpose as a hair brush. How would you go about cleaning this. Although it doesn't look dirty, I'd like to clean it before using it on my hair. Should I treat it like my shaving brushes? A wash with Dawn and a dilute vinegar rinse? Borax? Other?

I put the dollar bill in the picture for size reference. It's a very narrow brush.

Thanks for your input.

Mark

If you've been using it on your clothes until now, its probably not that dirty ... the way to clean a hair brush is to rub one brush against another, then pick off the lint and other debris that will be forced to the top and edges.

If you don't have another bursh, just go to the store and buy a cheap one to use for cleaning purposes only.

strop

Now half as wise
I haven't used it for anything yet. I picked it up at an antique store for a few bucks. I didn't realize anyone was still making/using natural bristle brushes. The back is celluloid, though I have no idea how old it is.

Mark

Top Bottom