What's new

first fountain pen

It writes pretty good. Smooth flow. The only thing I don't like is that you can't find a lot of fountain pens in 'fine', even medium writes like a heavy.

For what it's worth, there are some pen companies that make "extra fine" nibs. A lot of the Asian pen companies have nib sizes that run rather small as well. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Great looking pen. Red is quite classy.

If you can't live withe line weight, I expect you'd be able to sell in her or BST or over on FPN.

my esterbrook shorthand gregg nib pen is about as fine as anything i have...if you want something fine i would look for a gregg shorthand

I too just ot my first fountain pen. A friend gave me a Lamy Al-star with a fine nib. I am enjoying it. Although I still love usingnmy koh-I-noor drafting pens.

Just got my first decent one today. Cross in black. Don't know about their fountains but I know my dad used one of their ballpoints for about 30 years with no trouble.

Congrats on your new one. Looks like a fine instrument. Enjoy!!!!

Bubba

I've never owned anything other than the cheap $4 pens, so this is my first real fountain pen. Check it out!

http://www.coloradopen.com/product/waterford-claria-fountain-pen/waterford-claria

Hopefully it is good.

That's a nice looking pen.

5/28 first pen ordered. :001_smile

I just picked up a Pilot 78G. Extra fine nib. Loving it.

6/4 second pen purchased. :001_smile

Indeed. FPAD can strike at any time. And now gentlemen and ladies of the forum, right after typing the following sentence, I may seek proefessional help.

$45 is very reasonable for a quality Fountain Pen.

Lou is correct, FPAD can strike at any time and it can get very expensive. And $45 is very reasonable for a quality fountain pen. I think I need therapy too :lol

I've heard that pen recommended a few times, but IMO a Lamy Safari would probably have been what I would have gone with if I were in that price range. As of right now, my current and first FP, a Pilot Varsity, cost me $7 and change for a 3-color variety pack. Great great way to try out FP and not feel bad about dropping some fairly serious change ($40 is pretty steep for what, lets be honest, you could do for $.40!)

Very nice and they had one with oak wood under deals of the day and Libelle New York Woods Fountain Pen for $50 that was gold clad. I do not know about the brand.

Top Bottom