What's new

Cologne for after a cigar smoke

So I like to smoke cigars every once in a while. I was wondering if there's any colognes that would compliment the smell of tobacco and not make it smell funky, like try to mask the odor. I guess something that would make the smell rugged and maybe leathery? (I don't know if leathery is the right word) I hope I'm making sense here. :confused1

Thanks!

A friend of mine said his wife really liked the smell of Burberry Brit and cigars after he came home from the cigar store. This makes me wonder if, rather than trying to mask cigar smoke with more tobacco smelling cologne, going in another direction with something sweet, like my friend did, might work better?

Michael Kors - Great tabacco scent with leather. And not too pricey.

proxy.php

I haven't tried it myself, but Quorum is a leather/tobacco-based perfume which might appeal if that's the sort of complimentary scent you want. Also it's very cheap ($15 for 125 mL at Marshalls, etc.)

A friend of mine said his wife really liked the smell of Burberry Brit and cigars after he came home from the cigar store. This makes me wonder if, rather than trying to mask cigar smoke with more tobacco smelling cologne, going in another direction with something sweet, like my friend did, might work better?

This is the direction I was going to go. I smoke cigars and/or pipes occasionally and find that pairing it with beverages that aren't necessarily as "dark" are often quite enjoyable, so was going to suggest the same in this sense. My guess is to wear something "regal" like Profumo by Acqua di Parma that with complement the cigar smells - and vice versa. I'm not suggesting that AdP Profumo is the key, but that you never know what will set it off. For years I smoke Arturo Fuente Short Stories with Belgian Whites, something about the combination just went well together. (Disclaimer, I still tend to match my cigar with a single malt whisky.)

Thanks for your suggestions. I have a bottle of Burberry Brit that I'll have to try out and hopefully that'll work out nicely. I'll look at the others too and hopefully I'll like those pairings.

I haven't tried it myself, but Quorum is a leather/tobacco-based perfume which might appeal if that's the sort of complimentary scent you want. Also it's very cheap ($15 for 125 mL at Marshalls, etc.)

Thanks for the heads up, picked up a bottle at Marshalls today (never would have thought to look around in the back of the store for scents before) and love it!

Top Bottom