What's new

New Guy from Southern CA

Hey there, Jeremey from San Diego here. Been combing through the wiki for the last couple days and figured I would try my luck posting. My other forum (for old Harleys) is set up a lot like this one, so it shouldn't take too much time to get used to it here.

I started out being interested in straight razor shaving after going to a great barber shop for the last year or so (Dapper Jay's in La Mesa, CA) where they offer shaves, and wondering how one goes about a shave like that. I already have an AOS brush and their 3-part setup (never got into it, razor burn issues). Haven't yet decided if I'm a DE or straight razor guy (but leaning towards DE), but I do know that the tips I've learned here so far are already helping my razor-burn throat, and I'm not even into a single-blade shave yet! Eventually I will get a setup and give it a go.

Thanks for all the great info here, look forward to getting (and eventually giving) some pointers etc. Cheers - Jeremey

welcome jeremy, some folks have skipped over the DE and gone right to the straight but i believe the conventional wisdom is that the DE will help prepare your hide for the straight. It is not a bad idea to have a DE around anyway to use as a crutch when you start straights and will come in handy later for travel etc.etc.

Ian

Welcome... I lived in SD when I first started. There's an AoS store at the Fashion Valley mall over around mission bay.

Top Bottom