What's new

anyone given up on using shampoo

with chemicals in it? has anyone tried using natural soap on their hair and following that with an apple cider vinegar rinse? I heard from some that using natural soap on hair is a better alternative to shampoo. can you also moisturize your hair with an oil like jojoba or olive oil after you wash your hair with natural soap?

I use Dr. Bronner's liquid soap, it's 100% pure castile soap (made from olive oil). I've been showering every other day to every three days for the past several years and I've been very satisfied.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I buzz my head with either no clipper guard or a #2, so shampoo seems a waste of $$ for me. I'd rather feed my soap'n'cream AD. :tongue_sm

My SWMBO uses a Moroccan Oil after she washes her hair as a moisturizer/conditioner. I was considering trying it out as a pre-shave oil

Shampoo bars are ok. I just started using Kiehl's Thickening Shampoo and it's been working really well. I have never tried washing with a bar of soap and i do not plan to. However, it is an old school method and would probably work well if you cannot find a shampoo that you like. I thought about doing that, too, but I tried a few different shampoos and this Kiehl's stuff is good. I'll stick with it. I have read in GQ about apple cider vinegar being good for dry/itchy scalp. Here's what Mr. Glenn O'Brien said, "I'm also a fan of Bragg Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar. Mix it with water fifty-fifty and rinse your hair with it after you shampoo. The funky, fungoid-looking stuff contains enzymes that will treat your scalp and give your hair nice texture." I plan to give it a try during the colder months. Natural herbal hair masks work great, too. I use "Hair Doctor" from Lush every now and then.

Same story here.

Read the posts by Richgem on shampoobars.
Tried them and was hooked.

So far, I tried Chagrin Valley - very satisfied with them - but I am planning on experimenting a bit more. Maybe QCS, I like Matthew's shaving soaps a lot.

I make my own shampoo using Dr. Bronner's soap, vitamin e oil and distilled water. I dispense it out of a foaming pump. Works great for me. Every few days I rinse after with white vinegar. It rinses out any soap residue from the shampoo.

Is there any problem using bar soap for washing my head/hair? My hair is cut so short, it's just easier to use the same soap...

I'm buzzed, so it's just same bar soap as the rest of me.. either Dove sensitive or Burts for men. about once a week I hit it with Head and Shoulders.

No but I'd be more than willing to try it. I use L'Oreal with a hair thickening ingredient. I'm happy with the results but the surface of my noggin is like the moon with the same kind of bumps and zits I had on my face as a teenager.

Please suggest some of these shampoos and where I might get them.

Top Bottom