What's new

My 1st WCS shippment

I'm so excited. I see that my package is out for delivery this afternoon. I have a question though. I have only been wet shaving for about 2 months now and I guess my technique is ok in the sense that I have had no nicks, cuts, and very lite irritation since beginning. I now go WTG, XTG, and ATG but with a new DE razor (Parker 99R) and a sampler pack consiting Feather New Hi-Stainless Platinum, Crystal, Derby Extra, Red Israeli Personna, and
Astra Superior blades should I revert back to a single pass like when I first started ?

You shouldn't really have to go back to a single pass. However you will not be used to your new razor and each razor shaves a little differently. Just make sure to be very careful and make sure your technique is good i.e. no pressure and a good angle. Remember if you've found one blade that works great with your face with your old razor it might be totally different when putting it into the new razor. But just be careful and whack at it.

...should I revert back to a single pass like when I first started ?
I'd probably do a WTG and XTG for the first couple of shaves. If you don't run into any issues, then you can add the ATG pass back in. Just be careful with that Parker...some of them can be pretty aggressive, and if you've been using a gentler razor, you may need to make some adjustments.

I honestly have no idea if my current razor is aggresive or not I have been meaning to post a pic of it to see if anyone could ID it. Found it in a thrift shop for 10 bucks a TTO adjustable.

Start with the Grain passes only for at least a week then add the against the grain. Remember Pressure is the enemy of a great shave with a DE. Let the Razor do the work.

+1 to what has already been said...all good advice from experienced members. Incidentally, I placed my WCS refill order 2 minutes ago! :)

I honestly have no idea if my current razor is aggresive or not I have been meaning to post a pic of it to see if anyone could ID it. Found it in a thrift shop for 10 bucks a TTO adjustable.

If it's a Gillette, you can probably ID it yourself with the wiki. Oh, and welcome!!

i'd probably do a wtg and xtg for the first couple of shaves. If you don't run into any issues, then you can add the atg pass back in. Just be careful with that parker...some of them can be pretty aggressive, and if you've been using a gentler razor, you may need to make some adjustments.

+1

Well that was interesting. After taking everything everyone said I decided to just go with what I have been doing. Best shave yet holy cow..what a difference in shaves between the old Gillette w/ CVS blades and the Parker/w Feather Plats..So smooth..Thanks guys

Top Bottom