What's new

Italian DE

I'm looking for a Italian DE Razor.Lately I've decided all my shaving products are going to be Italian.I get better shaves from Italian products and would like to round out my theme with an Italian razor.Any one know of a good brand comparable to my hd?Help me out Marco your reviews are the best and you really know what you are talking about.Thanks in advance.:001_smile

The older Muhle 41 OC razor has a Fatip head. Supposed to be a little on the aggressive side :cursing: This is easier to find than a Fatip though, they come up for sale once in a while on BST.

My heritage is 3/4 Italian so I was looking for the "all-Italian" shave as well. Unfortunately blades are an issue, Bolzanos are now made in Germany. Unless you find some NOS ones, you are SOL.

Yes the Fatip razors are italian, in the folowing link they end up with shipping cost at around 30$
I plan to get one myselfhttp://www.casadelrasoio.com/rasoi-a-mano-libera-42105

Wow! This is bella. :001_tt1:

We're lucky enough to rent a small place in Tuscany - looking for another renter, just to open it up to the forum (seriously, PM me if you're interested) - and this is the final piece of the full Italian shaving den puzzle.

Cheers!

be seeing you.

Yes the Fatip razors are italian, in the folowing link they end up with shipping cost at around 30$
I plan to get one myselfhttp://www.casadelrasoio.com/rasoi-a-mano-libera-42105

Just ordered it. Though, I must say, €10 for shipping a razor to the UK did seem a bit high. Maybe it comes with a little bottle of olio. Well, one can always hope.

I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives - though I just read Marco's comment and now I'm wishing I had taken a moment before PayPal'ing.:001_unsur

Oh, well.

be seeing you.

Just ordered it. Though, I must say, €10 for shipping a razor to the UK did seem a bit high. Maybe it comes with a little bottle of olio. Well, one can always hope.

I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives - though I just read Marco's comment and now I'm wishing I had taken a moment before PayPal'ing.:001_unsur

Oh, well.

be seeing you.

I doubt you made a bad move with the Fatip ,
and yes it might come with a box , as seen here on a italian ebay auction that ended:http://cgi.ebay.it/FATIP-rasoio-di-sicurezza-safety-razor-made-in-italy-/200598731338
These razors must have been very popular in the 50s -60s in Italy.
They don't come out of nowhere for sure.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I deleted my previous post because there actually is an Italian DE razor and I somehow forgot about it. As others have properly pointed out, it is the FATIP. This is the only Italian made DE razor I know or ever heard about. It had a certain popularity in Italy during the 1950's and early 1960's. However, to my knowledge, these razors are quite hard to find and very few Italian wet shavers use them nowadays. To be honest, I never really liked it. In my opinion there are many other better choices currently on the market. My favourite Double Edge razors are the German Merkurs. In particular the classic 1904 42, the HD 34C and the HD "Barber Pole" 38C.

Top Bottom