What's new

MWF as face wash?

Hey guys,

I am a big fan of MWF. It leaves my face feeling great...so much so that I'll even lather up and wash it off if I'm not going to shave :blushing:

I was curious though if MWF the shaving soap can be used to wash your whole face? Could just rub the puck on your hands and then rub it into your face, then rinse. Anyone try this before?

T

true01

I've done it with different soaps that I really didnt care for..just turned them into hand/body soap...I think MFW also make a bath soap if I'm not mistaken..forgot where I've seen it...

I've actually tried the bath soap. Found it a bit drying. Didn't quite have the same properties as the shave soap

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm curious if the Shaving soap has the sufficient properties to act as a face wash? Or will it not work so hot?

Are shaving soaps formulated in such a way that they don't cleanse well, or leave residue if used as a regular soap?

Your skin is the ultimate judge. It works for me: I generally face-lather with a soap or cream in the evening, without shaving.

I do it all the time with whatever soap or cream i'm using, never had a problem, in fact I don't use bath soap or face wash any more. MWF leaves the face in great shape.

I did not like MWF as a shave soap. So I put the puck in the shower and used it as I would a bar of soap. It worked just fine.

What (or which specific ingredients) makes a shaving soap less effective than a cleansing soap as a face wash?

Can't see how it would hurt anything, I might try this as well. I usually have plenty of left over lather in my brush for this.

Top Bottom