Last edited by a moderator:
3 Days growth so out came the "SLANT":thumbup1:

Merkur Slant
Derby Blade (day 3)
Rooney Style 3 Small "Pure"
MB Victorian Violets SS
Thayers Lavender WH
Nivea ASB

4 passes and the best shave ive had in awhile not quite BBS but pretty darn close.

M

modern man

Another Williams national day (a very popular holiday).

Gillette gold Tech razor loaded with IP blade (day 1)
Vulfix #2233 Super
Williams Ice Blue shaving cream (small tube, 100 ml)
Williams Aqua Velva asl (small bottle, 100 ml)
Williams Ice Blue deodorant
Williams Aqua Velva EdT (small bottle, 100 ml)

I need to move to Spain :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm pretty sure T&H only makes one shaving soap scent... none of which are their cologne scents. I think you received the 1805 bath soap and mistook it for shave soap. That is probably why it was difficult to get a good lather.

Drew

Yeah, since they make their bath soap in round "bars" it looks a lot like a SS refill.

you guys are absolutely right (leisureguy also cleared this up for me in a separate thread). Man do I feel like a grade-A fool. But I really was wondering why the lather was so weird (and why my face felt so dry afterwards). Well...my face is doing OK so I guess it wasn't a tragedy or anything. It was a really nice gift from the family (they tried) and it will make one heck of a nice bath bar.

Early shave, late post

Hot shower
Proraso Pre-Post at end of shower
Feather ACD-N Japanese straight razor (2 passes)
Feather Pro Guard blade
'63 Fatboy w/ corked Feather blade (Day 4) (3rd pass)
Plisson EW #12
Trumper's Coconut Oil cream
Warm water rinse
Cold water rinse
Proraso A/S splash
Cold water rinse
Mama Bear's Sandalwood Winter A/S balm + Mama Bear's Menthol A/S milk + QED Lavender A/S Skin Conditioner
SCS Bay Rum w/ a Twist EdT

you guys are absolutely right (leisureguy also cleared this up for me in a separate thread). Man do I feel like a grade-A fool. But I really was wondering why the lather was so weird (and why my face felt so dry afterwards). Well...my face is doing OK so I guess it wasn't a tragedy or anything. It was a really nice gift from the family (they tried) and it will make one heck of a nice bath bar.

AH! Nothing ventured nothing gained.. Just think had you been successful.. People would have been beating a path to your bathroom door for the hows and wherefores..:cool:

AH! Nothing ventured nothing gained.. Just think had you been successful.. People would have been beating a path to your bathroom door for the hows and wherefores..:cool:
Actually, in a pinch, you can make a decent lather from some "bath" soaps. Dove, Ivory, and the little clear-amber glycerin soaps that hotels sometimes put out will get you a lather that is at least good enough, if not great. Helps a lot if you put a little hot water over the soap and let it soften.

Top Bottom