What's new

Hydrolast Aftershave Conditioner?

All the nuttiness about method shaving in the other forum made me curious about the Hydrolast Aftershave Conditioner. Any thoughts? I'm particularly intrigued by the Eucalyptus scent, but would like to hear about any of them.

They are wonderful. I've used the Sandalwood, Peppermint, and Greet Tea scents. Just apply a tiny dab to a wet face. Seems expensive, but it's very concentrated. I can get nearly a year out of one 2oz tub.

Hydrolast Wet Shave Conditioner:

Purified Water, vegetable emulsifying wax, vegetal oils, rose hydrolate, aloe vera gel, soy lecithin, vegetable glycerin, seaweed extract, botanical extracts, xanthan gum, sea buckthorn, vitamin e, rosemary extract, grapefruit seed extract, essential oils.

They are wonderful. I've used the Sandalwood, Peppermint, and Greet Tea scents. Just apply a tiny dab to a wet face. Seems expensive, but it's very concentrated. I can get nearly a year out of one 2oz tub.

I like stuff where a little goes a long way.
If it's expensive but you burn through it fast then you don't get your money's worth.

The peppermint is fairly cooling. Not freeze your face or anything. If you want a boost of peppermint to make it more cooling just request it when you order it

The peppermint is fairly cooling. Not freeze your face or anything. If you want a boost of peppermint to make it more cooling just request it when you order it

Good information. I don't expect it to replace Osage Rub but maybe a double shot of peppermint will be a good idea... I'll have to keep that in mind if I end up ordering a "full size" set contingent on how the starter kit works out.

The most expensive shaving product I own is... my Merkur 34C. The idea of spending $35 of an aftershave is a bit daunting to begin with. We'll see how long the sample lasts and if I feel it's worth the price. I hear great things about it from several guys so I look forward to it!

There were some complaints about it spoiling (it doesn't have any parabens) so make sure if you buy it that it's not in a huge rotation.

If you search the archives it appears that most people love it and state that a little goes a long way.

Hydrolast Wet Shave Conditioner:

Purified Water, vegetable emulsifying wax, vegetal oils, rose hydrolate, aloe vera gel, soy lecithin, vegetable glycerin, seaweed extract, botanical extracts, xanthan gum, sea buckthorn, vitamin e, rosemary extract, grapefruit seed extract, essential oils.

Thank you, much appreciated.

I suppose it's possible I used too much- honestly I just dont think it's the right AS for me- it is definitely well regarded though. I do like the hydrolast shave cube though

Is it possible you were using too much? I only ask because this is the first "negative" I'd really heard about it. Thanks!

I may need to try it out this fall or winter. (Sounds like it may be a little too heavy for summer.)

Top Bottom