What's new

Day 5... my limit has been reached

I've come to the conclusion that five days is my limit for a DE blade. I can go past five days without irritation on a blade but the shaves aren't as close as I'd like.

I can get to day five comfortably on Crystals and Personna Med Preps (my current blades of choice).

I find that is differs depending on the blade.

3-4 from a Feather
5-7 from a Personna Red
3-5 from an Astra SP

Me too, Monday to Friday then take a shave break over the week end.
Makes no difference which blade I'm using, enjoying Feathers right now.
Cheers

I long ago stopped pushing a blade past 3-4 shaves, regardless of brand...never had must success past that point, and the prices are too low to justify shaving with a dullish blade.

I shave Monday through Friday and sometimes on Saturday.

I don't feel the need to push a blade beyond three shaves unless I know it will perform well.

My usual routine is to use one blade M / T/ W, then reload for Th/ F and Sat. if needed.

The blades I use are so cheap, it works very well for me.

I have a sample pack in the mail but I have been using wilkinsons swords and can only get 2-3 shaves per blade...

I shave Sunday night , Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday Nights. I change blades on Sunday! If I try to shave more often I have issues unless I retreat to my Bic Metal.

I've always thought of myself as having an average beard growth - must shave everyday and get 5 o'clock shadow - but it must not be because I can get 7 shaves from any blade I've ever used (about eight) so far. I do make certain the lather is top notch those last two days, however. Nothing to do with cost - more of a test and/or skill building thing early-on that worked out to seven.

2 shaves MAX on my Feathers, and I dont even care about the $$$. Ive done all the math calculations, (cost per shave etc) I need, and I am in charlie sheen's words "winning"! :w00t:

I shave Monday through Friday and sometimes on Saturday.

I don't feel the need to push a blade beyond three shaves unless I know it will perform well.

My usual routine is to use one blade M / T/ W, then reload for Th/ F and Sat. if needed.

The blades I use are so cheap, it works very well for me.

I do the same exact routine. I use Feathers and all blades are cheap enough not to push it.

Inexpensive DE blades do not require a push to the limit. I always discard after three shaves and very occasionally after two.

Top Bottom