What's new

First DE shave today

Well, my '65 Slim arrived today. It looks BRAND NEW. After a cautionary soak in alcohol (the razor, not me) I decided to give it a shot. For lack of anything better (and against the warnings from some of y'all) I used the Walgreens blades that I had picked up. There were some new Gillette Super Blues with the razor (well they were still in the holder) but I decided against them since I knew for sure the Walgreens blades were new. Ok so no blood and that's a good thing. I used the lowest setting for the first two passes and while it was removing hair, it seemed a little weak so, I went up to 5 for the 3rd pass. 5 seemed a little harsh afterwards so, I may dial it back to 3 on my next shave. Overall not an awful shave. I'm hoping once I get some better blades I'll see better results.

Sounds like you were off to a great start, I got a 63' Slim today, I used it at 6 for the first shave, and it was wonderful!
Sharper blades will seem smoother as they are cutting the hairs more effectively, so don't be afraid to stay at 5 with a new blade.

Thanks Blix. Anybody know of any decent blades that might be available through local stores that would be decent to try until I can get some ordered in? I've read that the Wilkinson's they have at Wally World ain't bad. Also any recommended blades or starter packs through online vendors?

Thanks Blix. Anybody know of any decent blades that might be available through local stores that would be decent to try until I can get some ordered in? I've read that the Wilkinson's they have at Wally World ain't bad. Also any recommended blades or starter packs through online vendors?

Wilkinson's were pretty good blades for me. They just didn't stay as good for as many shaves as the higher end blades. They work in a pinch for sure. You should be able to get a comfortable shave with them.

Thanks JW. Might have to run around the corner then and see if they stock them. They don't list them on the website as being "available in store" but in my experience, that doesn't mean much.

Top Bottom