What's new

"PIF" for Tornado Victims.

I live in Joplin, MO & was among the blessed that was missed by the massive EF5 Tornado that deconstruction a third of our town on Sunday. I won't bother noting the numbers of injured/deceased/homeless because they are rising daily.

Many people have stepped up locally and volunteered and donated. As donations pile in, the needs are getting much more specific. As I have been following the announcements of the various shelters setup around the city I have noted that toiletries are a bigger need.

I know a lot of us around here like to try different things and stockpile some. I am going through what I have, so I figured I would offer to receive anything you guys might want to give & make certain they get to people/a shelter where they are needed. Of course we're talking more generic items as this probably isn't the best time for guys to relearn how to shave. So a pack of disposables you got for travel and never touched, your M3 handle w/unopened refills & the goop that you have sworn off of, bath soaps, shampoo, deodorant, or whatever else you have laying around would be great.

If anyone is interested in donating let me know & I can get you an address to ship to.

proxy.php

Here is a pic I snapped with my phone as we walked across town to help find some friends. Most of the tan brick walls are what's left of Joplin Highschool and Franklin Tech.
proxy.php

Here is what it looked like before.

Last edited:
I'll dig through my bathroom closet here in a bit and get with you. I know I have a surplus of bath-soap, but unsure as to other toiletries. Great idea and I'd be more than happy to help however I can.

Good idea and a worthy cause.

I was looking through some pictures online, and its unbelievable what can happen in just a couple of seconds.

And you are correct to ask for cartridges and goop. This is not a time to be comverting anyone to wet-shaving. Give them stuff they can use right off the bat, without going through a learning curve.

I'll look around and see what I've got.

My kids' school was collecting items to be sent down there. We went shopping the other day and bought tons of stuff for them to bring into school. I belive the school is sending it out today or tomorrow. Hope it helps. I know I've got a couple packs of disposables laying around. Send me an address and I'll get them out too.

Thanks guys. Just PM me if you dig up anything to send.

Good idea and a worthy cause.

I was looking through some pictures online, and its unbelievable what can happen in just a couple of seconds.

Yeah, I just took that one pic as my phone was dying and I didn't want to be sightseeing too much. But walking down the sidewalk was unreal. Without street signs the only way to even know where in town you are is if you can identify familiar buildings in the piles of rubble.

My kids' school was collecting items to be sent down there. We went shopping the other day and bought tons of stuff for them to bring into school. I belive the school is sending it out today or tomorrow. Hope it helps. I know I've got a couple packs of disposables laying around. Send me an address and I'll get them out too.

Thanks to Vez and others who have shown interest so far. I hope more will chip in and get the ball rolling!

I just added a "before" picture I found on Google Maps on my first post for perspective.

Last edited:
Top Bottom