What's new

By George I think He's Got It

I'm happy to report that I have finally mastered lather making. It only took close to a year. And, if you're like me, then you believe that lather making is an essential part of a great enjoyable shave. I couldn't have done it without B&B. The tutorials are excellent, and member feedback is equally magnificent. Even though I am primarily a cartridge shaver, my shaves have been excellent recently.

I'm interested in trying my skills with some new brushes. I'd like to hear some recommendations from all you brush experts. As always, thanks B&B members

Sincerely,
Stevie G

Glad it is coming together for you. You are more experienced than I am, but my inexpensive VDH boar has broken in nicely. There is a horse brush PIF going around you might get in on. I think it is on the brush forum under "Horsey Pass Around". Just do a search on the board and you will find it.

Currently my favorite brush is from T&H Silvertip Badger, which I understand is made by Rooney.

Take a look at the reviews for other brushes.

I have switched to face lathering using the Semogue 1305 brush. I have zero razor burn since I started using Marco's technique of face lathering. Face lathering saves me quite a bit of time.

Well, I'm not an expert, but my favorite brush currently is a restored ever ready 925 with a Grade A silver tip badger knot from TGN I recently purchased from the BST. It works well with soap yet soft and comfortable on the face for me. I've learned to take my time and just enjoy the shaving experience, where as before it was a chore for me. Good to hear you are enjoying it as well!

I'm happy to report that I have finally mastered lather making. It only took close to a year. And, if you're like me, then you believe that lather making is an essential part of a great enjoyable shave. I couldn't have done it without B&B. The tutorials are excellent, and member feedback is equally magnificent. Even though I am primarily a cartridge shaver, my shaves have been excellent recently.

I'm interested in trying my skills with some new brushes. I'd like to hear some recommendations from all you brush experts. As always, thanks B&B members

Sincerely,
Stevie G

What soaps/creams have you been using during this time?
Face or bowl latherer?

I just PIFed the only badger brush I had left. I restored several and bought a couple others but have given them all away or traded. Semogue 1438 is my go-to brush now. I'd suggest something in the Semogue range... It's cheap... if you get one and break it in and it still isn't for you, you're out $15. No big deal. If you like it, well, you've made a fantastic $15 investment!

Congratulations! Lather making IS a critical component for a wonderful shave! My all time favourite brush is the Chubby in size 2...I cannot recommend it enough. Perhaps a Chubby 1 if you're leaning smaller...

Top Bottom